Wet carpets!!!!!

Noticed at lunchtime that the carpets under the VRS mats in rear footwells is wet! :eek:

On closer inspection it appears water is lying in the bottom of the seals, then running down the plastic trim onto the carpets.

On the way home I will call at local dealer, but wanted to know if anyone else had had this before on Furby VRS.

Cheers

Whizzo

funny enough !!!! i just noticed thi son sunday i thought it was a bottle of water i had in the back leaking

rear passenger mat was wet and it was damp under it too !!!!

if you find anything else out let me know

mine is in for a service tomorrow so i will ask then aswell

Noticed at lunchtime that the carpets under the VRS mats in rear footwells is wet! :eek:

On closer inspection it appears water is lying in the bottom of the seals' date=' then running down the plastic trim onto the carpets.

On the way home I will call at local dealer, but wanted to know if anyone else had had this before on Furby VRS.

Cheers

Whizzo[/quote']

This is a water ingress on the rear door seals, have had it on my first Fabia 1.4 16v, 2001 model, but did not happen on my 2004 or yes yet on the vRS. This has been mentioned on here recently, cant remeber when, but they will replace the rear door seals under warranty................ :)

hope you get it sorted :)

oh just found it thread by NHOJ1954 on the 27/03/2005

Just been to the dealers and he said it is a known fault on Fabia`s.

The fault lies with a seal in some sort of filter breaking and needing replacing.

Not sure what he meant or where this filter is ?. I still reckon it is the door seals are at fault as water is still lying at the base of the seal this morning, two days since it last rained!

They are also going to rectify the noisy rear brakes and the recall for the fuel pump as well when it is serviced in a couple of weeks.

Guess I will need the hairdryer on the carpet to dry it out tonight.

Whizzo

Something else to do a quick check if rear windscreen washer is not working.

My cousins Polo suffered from a wet rear carpet, it turned out the a fitting for the rear windscreen washer had come apart around the rear somewhere and seeped onto the floor.

I have water leaking from the front driver side door sill. It is only slight, so will wait for the next service (only 1000 miles to go, then it's done 40k!! Not too sure where I've been!!) that is unless the back is soaking wet!! Haven't checked that!!