Ginger Fabia joy

Recarouk

Picked the car up about four weeks ago, this is a few updates in the last four weeks starting from the day i picked it up

apart from needing a new set of pads it drove spot on, sorted the pads out for the grand sum of £12 :giggle:

its a 52 Plate with 97k on the clock, 1 owner from new and has 10 stamps in the service book and a stack of receipts

had to give it a mega wash as it hadnt been cleaned in ages there was mould in all the door trims and window seals, the rear bumper was caked in crud and the under bonnet looked like it was never touched :think:

20120508_162016.jpg

20120508_162049.jpg

only thing that i really dont like about the car is the interior, the seats were hanging :sick: and so are the doorcards.

20120512_165444.jpg

20120512_165451.jpg

20120512_165458.jpg

spotted a polo SE in a breakers yard, luckily for me my father in law is friendly with the owner so £40 later and i was the proud owner of a lovely 42k interior from said polo :)

spent a few hours today ripping out the old interior and fitting the new:

20120512_181904.jpg

20120512_181910.jpg

20120512_181919.jpg

20120512_181928.jpg

ive also got some fabric paint so i can spray the door cards to match the interior slightly better, so from this:

20120512_182251.jpg

to this (only had 2 coats and is a little patchy)

20120512_183006.jpg

still got the others to do but will get onto them tomorrow.

love the fuel economy of the little SDI engine, so far getting about 50mpg just town driving, its quiet and fairly comfy too so im really chuffed with it!

Edited by Recarouk

next thing on the list was to sort the rims out, i wanted something unusual so opted for a set of bora rims, i havent seen another Fabia with these wheels on so thought i'd have a bash

Fabia1.jpg

Fabia2.jpg

quite pleased with how it looks apart from the VW centres, unfortunately though

Its rubbing on the rear arch trim so I'll have to cut that down but it can wait until tomorrow.

I think they look ok, damn site better than steelies :giggle:

small update :hi:

hate the chrome grille on the front so whipped it off and gave it a few coats of black magic :rock:

before:

20120508_162058.jpg

afters: :happy:

20120527_110851.jpg

20120527_110902.jpg

i think it ties in well with the black on the bottom grille.

need new fog lights next though as they are rusting inside

in other news i had to take the rims off, the tyres are too big and were fouling on the rear bodywork on the inside of the arch

undecided as to what to do really, either sell them on and look for some others, or get some smaller tyres. in the meantime its back on steels.

Finally after about three weeks of having no stereo my head unit arrived, now ive always wanted one of these, i know they arent anything special these days but when i first saw one i was about 19 and was amazed by the sound and the graphics, so i knew i wanted one for the Fab.

Pioneer DEH-P6400 :rock: :rock: head unit arrived on Thursday last week but the knobber on ebay never said it didnt have a wiring harness :wall: so managed to get one of those and it arrived today so slotted it in and hey presto, on with the F1 style graphics

20120528_173203.jpg

20120528_173154.jpg

love the sound it produces aswell, very very pleased with it considering all in including the harness and postage on both it was under £30

:rock:

Little choice mod today, the interior on the fab isnt anything special, just a sea of plastic, the one thing i really didnt like was the stock gearknob:

Fabknob1.jpg

not very nice to look at or use either.

so a bit of forum surfing and i managed to bag myself an Octavia VRS knob, the Fabia VRS is a 6 speed and with the SDI only being 5 speed there was no point in going for one of them so octavia it was.

took about 20 mins to swap it over, as i had to change all the surround as the octavia and fabia are totally different, but i think it makes a massive improvement, and it came with a leather gaitor too ;)

Fabknob2.jpg

thats pretty much it for the time being.

hoping to find a 3 spoke VRS wheel at some point and possibly a rear spoiler/VRS rear bumper and VRS backbox.

if anyone wants to do a deal on the wheels in exchange for these parts let me know :)

all comments are welcome good or bad.

cheers

in other news i had to take the rims off, the tyres are too big and were fouling on the rear bodywork on the inside of the arch

undecided as to what to do really, either sell them on and look for some others, or get some smaller tyres. in the meantime its back on steels.

Hardly surprising really.

If the wheels have come from a Bora, then the tyres will be 205/55/16 - too big for a Fabia as you've found out. Will also mean your speedo is miles out too.

The wheels look good - just stick the correct sized rubber on - 205/45/16

Hardly surprising really.

If the wheels have come from a Bora, then the tyres will be 205/55/16 - too big for a Fabia as you've found out. Will also mean your speedo is miles out too.

The wheels look good - just stick the correct sized rubber on - 205/45/16

yeah im not sure i want to tbh, it drives great with the steels on, they have tonne's of meat on them, ok they dont look very good but then less attention from anyone wanting to nick it i suppose.

might move them on and sink the money into inside mods :)

not really an up date as such, but today washed it, did all the door shuts, arches, under bonnet, boot, the whole works.

then gave it a full going over with AG SRP and topped it off with a coat of AG High Definition wax :happy:

20120610_173718.jpg

20120610_173709.jpg

20120610_173650.jpg

check out the reflections :rock:

20120610_173630.jpg

20120610_173658.jpg

not bad considering this was todays weather:

1339315288385-1.jpg

decided to keep it stock as far as wheels go, got my eye on a set of 14's for it hopefully cheap.

comments welcome.

cheers

Looking good.

Some nice improvements you've made there.

Is that one of those OEL display headunits? I remember my mate having one of those when we were younger. Was the thing to have then.

Shame about the wheels. They looked smart.

Love the Octavia VRS Knob!

I'm gonna have to get one for my TDI,

Just couldn't handle looking at that non existent 6 gear option every day :giggle:

Cheers buddy, no me neither, the other car we have is a 6 speed so i'd be constantly trying to shift to it :giggle: was fairly easy to fit too, just had to unpick the gaitor from the surround.

Looking good.

Some nice improvements you've made there.

Is that one of those OEL display headunits? I remember my mate having one of those when we were younger. Was the thing to have then.

Shame about the wheels. They looked smart.

yeah thats the one bud, the revolving city, dolphins, F1 cars etc i love it, i know its old hat but i really wanted one when i was a teenager and could never afford it.

ive still got the wheels, im still unsure what to do :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers buddy, no me neither, the other car we have is a 6 speed so i'd be constantly trying to shift to it :giggle: was fairly easy to fit too, just had to unpick the gaitor from the surround.

Never taken my gear knob off, but i already have leather gaitor, can you just get the knob itself off and swap that? I want one :( lol

Never taken my gear knob off, but i already have leather gaitor, can you just get the knob itself off and swap that? I want one :( lol

you probably can do it bud, its just soo much easier to swap it all over in one go. have a bash at it though im sure you'll do it :)

thought you had V dub alloys?

i do bud but they were rubbing on the back so i took them off to decide what to do with them. they are currently in the garage and the steelies and trims are back on :)

• 4 weeks later...