My Octavia on her new shiny Neptunes! Now wheres the angle grinder.....

Hey folks

Thought id stick a few pics of my Octavia runner her new wheels and spacers curtosey of Oobster (top guy cannot thank him enough!)

I had enough of my small looking zeniths and the fact most the lads in town frown upon my "grandad" image and the fact that their corsa's run 17s my wheels were uncool, so originally i was after a set of 18inch Zeniths until i was pointed into the direction of oobster's Neptunes and after a few PM's a trip to the DTM and a few hang overs and a sunday afternoon with the polish it was finally time to collect them!

Heres the pics of the car after her session with the DA and the Zeniths (presold)

580118_10151770177730111_777760110_24246183_2051933700_n.jpg

547390_10151770246300111_1865870552_n.jpg

So weekend just passed after working saturday jumped into the old boys A3 Sline TDi (waft mobile 170bhp stock with a map...potent!) got the wheels from Blackburn (between glasgow and edinburgh) was then booked for a meal at half 7 and left Andy's at 4:40ish......made it back into town at 7pm on the nose, quick change went out for a few beers and curry and got home about midnight...then remembered i was at a show n shine the following morning URGH! so out with the tools and slapped the wheels on, 30mins later BOOM Neptunes have landed, and just for good measure stuck a set of 15mm adapters on SUCH a difference!

anyway some pics of the car with the neptunes and onto the angle grinder bit...

303669_10151796518305111_188766899_n.jpg

168556_10151796522030111_1671788401_n.jpg

so Angle Grinder.......seriously this thing sits Soooo high now :(

so i was looking for some ideas on the suspension front, i really dont want to go coils as i really love the standard ride and i regretted the coils (weitec) i put on my MK4 Anni and having been in my friends highly tweaked 8L S3 on Bilstein suspension i really fancy shocks and springs (also going K04 and Revo Stage2+ Later this year so want to keep the car "Fun" but sensible) and was pointed in the direction of these

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/hr-50mm-cup-lowering-springs-shocks-suspension-kitbr-octavia-1z-14-16-19tdi-20fsi-rs-20t-fsi-20tdi-rs-20tdi-fwd-0403-p-3234.html

whats the thoughts and opinions on these? all comments are welcome and if anyone has pics of a car lowered 50mm PLEASE let me see!

Thanks all :D

• Like 1

wtf? you're all wrong!

;)

The wheel colour looks fantastic against the blue and it'll look fab if it was just a little lower. IMHO of course..

This is a great pic:

303669_10151796518305111_188766899_n.jpg

Lots of pics of my car if you follow the link in my sig. -45mm is the lowest it's been. -50 you'll be scaping its belly everywhere. -35 is in my view the best compromise in terms of looks, handling and practicality which is where mine is now. Btw "-50" springs should give you a -35mm drop on a vrs as the car is already 15mm lower than any other octavia. HTH.

Rob

Yeah 3rd on that one , i like the wheel colour too. In fact was reading in a magazine , Filotec now do a spray on wheel colour film. Apparently it sprays on like a paint , and is supposed to be hard wearing. When you have had enough of the colour , just peel if off without ruining the original wheel paint. Sounds too good to be true. But should lead to some wild wheel colour combinations. :whew:

Cheers for all comments guys and girls

I knew the wheels would be very hit and miss so i wasnt expecting everyone to like them my dad loves them but sister hates them... Mum hates them brother in law loves em very much like marmite :p

Rob-e car looks very well would you recommend coils over shocks n springs?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

your the second octy with dark wheels and blue paint up this neck of the woods. Saw the other one for a second time in cooper park in Elgin at the weekend.

your the second octy with dark wheels and blue paint up this neck of the woods. Saw the other one for a second time in cooper park in Elgin at the weekend.

Wasnt my one was it? I was at the cooper park show n shine last weekend

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rob-e car looks very well would you recommend coils over shocks n springs?

I don't do "recommendations" when it comes to suspension, sorry - its just too much of a mine field with everyone's expectations and requirements quite different. :)

I have had various spring/shock kits and coilovers on previous cars and I've run my vrs with OE, then eibachs and fsd and now with weitec coilovers. I found the oe ride a bit crashy and the car didn't seem to flow very well plus it sat way too high - didn't like the fsds at all so i took them off (however koni have now tacitly admitted they were crap by bringing out a revised model - gee thanks, too late for me and the money i burned on that then). The weitecs are pretty good for a 500 quid suspension kit, better than my fsd/eibach combo IMO. I don't track my car so the suspension has to be a balance between giving me good control on a fast blat down a deserted b road, daily comfort on my commute to work and also comfortable enough for when the car is family transport for wife/kids/tent/ bikes etc etc. The weitec kit covers all of these fine and is still going strong with almost 60k miles on it.

The beauty of the coils for me is that you can set the car up at exactly the height you want, where with a spring/damper kit you're at a fixed height.

There are a few people trying out the bilstein b12 kit which seems good value however this will only lower the car about 15mm or thereabouts, so it won't look much different to stock (for some that's exactly what they desire). There is a H&R "comfort" kit that jbs advertise that might be worth checking out, good vfm at about 500 quid and advertised as a 50mm drop (so will drop a vrs to about -35 which is perfect) plus a few guys on here have the weitec spring/shock kit and are happy wiith it (pete8ch and daz_pd). I don't have first hand experience with either of these so I can't compare with anything i've run.

I'm going to order a new vrs later in the year - for that car I'm currently looking at either b16 bilsteins or kw v3 which are a lot more money but are fully adjustable. HTH.

Was the car parked next to a nissan gtr, I'm sure the octy i saw had the original wheel that i came with painted dark grey but i could be wrong.

Yep i was sandwiched between a GTR and a leon K1, managed to pick up thre new scratches on the car that day too :(

I don't do "recommendations" when it comes to suspension, sorry - its just too much of a mine field with everyone's expectations and requirements quite different. :)

I have had various spring/shock kits and coilovers on previous cars and I've run my vrs with OE, then eibachs and fsd and now with weitec coilovers. I found the oe ride a bit crashy and the car didn't seem to flow very well plus it sat way too high - didn't like the fsds at all so i took them off (however koni have now tacitly admitted they were crap by bringing out a revised model - gee thanks, too late for me and the money i burned on that then). The weitecs are pretty good for a 500 quid suspension kit, better than my fsd/eibach combo IMO. I don't track my car so the suspension has to be a balance between giving me good control on a fast blat down a deserted b road, daily comfort on my commute to work and also comfortable enough for when the car is family transport for wife/kids/tent/ bikes etc etc. The weitec kit covers all of these fine and is still going strong with almost 60k miles on it.

The beauty of the coils for me is that you can set the car up at exactly the height you want, where with a spring/damper kit you're at a fixed height.

There are a few people trying out the bilstein b12 kit which seems good value however this will only lower the car about 15mm or thereabouts, so it won't look much different to stock (for some that's exactly what they desire). There is a H&R "comfort" kit that jbs advertise that might be worth checking out, good vfm at about 500 quid and advertised as a 50mm drop (so will drop a vrs to about -35 which is perfect) plus a few guys on here have the weitec spring/shock kit and are happy wiith it (pete8ch and daz_pd). I don't have first hand experience with either of these so I can't compare with anything i've run.

I'm going to order a new vrs later in the year - for that car I'm currently looking at either b16 bilsteins or kw v3 which are a lot more money but are fully adjustable. HTH.

to me then the Weitecs sound PERFECT the car will never see the track as i have my BMW 325i for that :D did you order them from JSB? appreciate all your honesty as well :D

to me then the Weitecs sound PERFECT the car will never see the track as i have my BMW 325i for that :D did you order them from JSB? appreciate all your honesty as well :D

Mine were supplied and fitted by JKM in portsmouth. I wrote a bunch of stuff on my blog too when i got them fitted - based on that your mate oobster also bought a set for the vrs he used to have and he seemed pretty pleased with them. Shame you're so far away otherwise i'd suggest you have a run in mine before you commit.

:)