Kawasaki green 17" Octavia Spiders on MK1 Fabia vRS?

Kawasaki green alloys?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should I?

Well, here goes... :giggle:

DSC_00432.jpg

Unfortunately the guy who painted them gave me them a bit too soon. He closed the boxes and helped me load them into my car. I got home and the faces had smudged against the cardboard. He's re-doing them FOC but it's still annoying, I just want them fitted!!

Unfortunately the guy who painted them gave me them a bit too soon. He closed the boxes and helped me load them into my car. I got home and the faces had smudged against the cardboard. He's re-doing them FOC but it's still annoying, I just want them fitted!!

More haste, less speed, as they say :(

More haste, less speed, as they say :(

Indeed, he was saying I should not fit them until at least Monday... Well why have you just asked me to come and take them away at 8pm on a Friday than? :wall:

This has gone a little off track sadly.

I was asked to collect them on Friday 29th June at 8pm. I turned up and inspected them, they were okay. The painter (John) told me they had just come out the oven and would not be ready to have rubber fitted until Monday and I must not touch them. They were in wheel boxes with the lids open. I asked John if it was okay to close the boxes, I was told it was. John then did this with me and we both put them in my car. I had paid £210 for him to do the faces only - Not exactly a bargain!

When I got home I got one box out and the finish had been badly marked by the very short journey. I called John immediately and he said bring them back. The other wheels then remained untouched in my car until Monday morning. I finally caught up with John yesterday (Friday 6th) and left the wheels with him. I went back in this morning (sat 7th) and he said he could not polish the marks out as he was down to the undercoat/ primer and all four would require a rub down and re-paint. For this he wanted another £200!!!

I was not happy, I explained that it was his fault as the wheels were not ready for taking away and he should not have asked me to take them. He said I must have been driving hard to do that to them on the way back the week before. I pointed out the journey was under 1 mile and was a 30mph limit almost the entire way. After much (civil) arguing he was still saying how it was my fault and offered to re-do them for £100. I rejected this saying I would not pay as I've done nothing wrong, he should have made sure they were ready before asking me to take delivery.

I had told him in no uncertain terms that I felt sickened to the core that he had done this to me. I used him because I wanted them doing properly and I'd seen many good examples of his work on his Facebook page. I was hoping to use him for touch-ups in the future and he had already showed me a tin of orange paint which he thought would be good for doing my brake calipers. I could have used City Powder Coaters for £100 (plus the cost of travelling there). I told him how important happy customers were to young businesses like his, and I was outraged and as such would be looking let friends/family know of my experience. He looked genuinely troubled by this and went on to say how hard he has worked to build his place up. He said he would call me later (today sat 7/7)................Nothing yet.

Any thoughts on this, have I done anything wrong? What should I do? Help?

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Joe what's the latest?

Have you managed to "reach an agreement"?

Yes, I left him a phone message saying I was putting pictures and a review on a local motoring VAG forum/meet/review page. He rang me back and I agreed to pay a token sum and have them fuly re-done. Just waitging for them to be ready now!

So a little bit of a result then - still annoying though as it shouldnt have happened in the first place! Especially when you paid a good price for them when they can be done cheaper elsewhere.

On the plus side they do look awesome :D

A result of sorts.

Looking forward to seeing them fitted (as i'm sure you are!).

I can but assume any future projects will not be undertaken by the same place...

Got them back just now. They look really good, hopefully they will go on the car on Wednesday.

I had to sign a disclaimer!

DSC_0185.jpg

I'm pretty happy now, the standard of his work is very good. I'll use him again i think!

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

They've been on a week now, I really like them. Had quite a few positive comments too!

Pics will follow, but the car is filthy presently and i've not got time to clean her :(

Sorry but that disclaimer is a bit childish, as in what is said on it not a disclaimer in general. Or was it meant as abit of a joke?

On a plus side cant wait to see them on, i can tell its going to be epic!

• Like 1