SUNDAY 22ND JULY-NEW FOREST DRIVE AND BBQ

Can everyone going let me know if they are bringing anything and what please? Will update this post if poss-im off to cornwall from thurs to sat night!)

SUNDAY 22ND JULY-NEW FOREST

New Forest meet and drive. Meeting up at Ocknell Pond http://maps.google.c...=en&sa=N&tab=wl (Grid SU2311 or 50:54.3661N 1:40.1144W) from 11:30. Barbecue and a drive through some lovely scenery finishing with pics at a beach.

From the West http://maps.google.c...=en&sa=N&tab=wl

From the East http://maps.google.c...=en&sa=N&tab=wl

From the North http://maps.google.c...=en&sa=N&tab=wl

1. Sam (VladSoilerOfCarpets) - Eastleigh

2. Lee (leepatrick01) - Southampton/ Eastleigh (I'll be bringing two BBQ grills, charcoal, buckets burger flipping utensils and a big bowl of salad)

3. Ben (K155BMR) +1 - Bournemouth

4. Matt (MattC) - Portsmouth

5. Lorna (MissPiggy) - Wiltshire/Fabia mk 2 sport

6. Mark (cheezemonkhai) - from somewhere with a car!!!!

7. Manny (Mannyo) - Blandford/Audi

8. Leon (Leonyk) - far far away!! fabia estate

9. Oli (dudeoli) - Fareham/mki Fabia vRS

10. Tony(tonyb8063) +1 Bovington.

11. Team Jonny5ive - Leicestershiretonfieldsvillebridgehampton-upon-cheme - Roomster Shark (Possibly +4)

12. wardth +1

13. Niceyellow vrs (octy)

Edited by MissPiggy
  • Like 1

OK people... here we go.

Please give a big drum roll and a warm welcome to... Ocknell Pond.

Situated literally just off the A31 near Stoney Cross, it's easy to get to, has tonnes of space and you're allowed to barbecue there (I think!).

The site itself, you get some idea of size:

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

The outlook for it:

DSC_0004.jpg

The turning for it:

DSC_0007.jpg

The turning for it off the main road (literally come off the A31, hang a left at this turning, the turning for Octavianell Pond is straight up on the bend):

DSC_0008.jpg

So yeah. There you have it! Only advisory is that the track there is a bit crap. Those with lowered cars beware, just take it easy... :giggle:

• Like 1

cool. thanks. you got a postcode for us not so locals? :D does look really nice. (quick check on rac and its only roughly an hour and half from me :D )

Edited by MissPiggy

Errrr it's not really a postcodey kind of place!! :giggle:

The best (and I think only) way to get there is off one side of the A31, so it's pretty impossible to mess up unless you're a sandwich short of a picnic. :giggle:

I'll have a look around, but the way we were going to do it was convoy and meet up with sectors at petrol stations..? I'm putting Ben in charge of the Bournemouth/Westsiiiiiide lot, does that include you..? :think: if so then you'll be meeting us Portsmouth/Southampton lot at Burley Shell services, which are accessible both sides of the A31. They have a tunnel running underneath. :blush:

The best (and I think only) way to get there is off one side of the A31, so it's pretty impossible to mess up unless you're a sandwich short of a picnic. :giggle:

Though please do make sure you have enough sandwiches, there'll be a picnic :D

How close can we get to te spinicar tower for the finale photoshoot/ anywhere we can get a good photo shoot?

Spinnaker's a bit of a turd to get decent photos near. However, Old Portsmouth has some lovely availability for shots, especially at night. They use great street lights so you or your car don't look orange. :p

Spinnaker's a bit of a turd to get decent photos near. However, Old Portsmouth has some lovely availability for shots, especially at night. They use great street lights so you or your car don't look orange. :p

what shade of orange will they make orange coloured cars look?

chaps, chapesse, Spinnaker Tower is 30 odd miles from the forest. Far easier to drive to a beach on the edge of the NF, facing west. Easier to organise, less hassle with the M27, (it's July, summer season) less fuel and some great pic ops to be had with the sun going down. How much of the tower can you fit behind a car?