SUNDAY 22ND JULY-NEW FOREST DRIVE AND BBQ

I just came up with a cracking idea for some food i could bring. You'll all see :)

if you've picked up one of the wild boar from the forest, it won't fit on the barbie!

ok, so far I've got ; 2 kettles which can go on the BBQ, some plastic tumblers, paper plates, a cool box with enough ice packs to reverse global warming, 2 BBQ's, the charcoal and a gallon can of petrol lighting gel. I'll pick up a few burgers and some buns tomorrow but I presume others will bring food aswell. Just let me know and I'll throw another snag on the barbie! This is lookin' good people, weather should be good too!

I'll bring fresh milk aswell, the cattle in the forest aren't easy to catch let alone milk, especially the bulls.

I will be bringing some cooking pots, 2 propane BBQ 1 propane gas burner, used it earlier just for a test run, I will be bringing utensils plus fresh clean water, and my an arrangement of meats

Lee and I will be there for around 10.30. Anyone else who wants to join us there, we'll be leaving around 10.45 to get to Burley Services for 11.05 or so!

Cool, see you there at 10.30ish

If that's the vinyard in the forest near brock, then I'm afraid I can't say I rate the wines.

Still best to try them yourself, just to make sure (hic) ;)

No it is Titchfield Vinyard and they do some very nice wines.

Have a great time everyone :rofl: looks like you will have good weather, will look forwards to seeing the pictures.

Paul

Will be good to meet people tomorrow, I will only be along for the BBQ bit as my car has started to eat aux belts again, so the drive is out the widow for me :( hopefully this belt will hold out over the weekend until Monday when it's booked

In for a new tensioner and belt

Still a possible to be there, it will be very much a last minute decision based on events here so if I do make it I'll be very light on provisions.

How easy is access to the site travelling from the M27 end.

I may be a bit late/hungover tomorrow, I'll try not to drink too much tonight though. I'm gonna nip to tesco and grab some food :) If i get to rownhams before 10:30 I'll stop, otherwise I'll meet at ocknall

Still a possible to be there, it will be very much a last minute decision based on events here so if I do make it I'll be very light on provisions.

How easy is access to the site travelling from the M27 end.

Manny, exit M27 joining A31 West and turn off at Burley services (Shell garage and the 2nd garage you get to) turn left, then left again, go under the A31 to the Eastbound side and turn right to join A31 Eastbound, KEEP LEFT!, look for an exit signposted Boldrewood and exit the A31. Follow the road for 1/2 a mile or so and take a left (signposted Boldrewood) Ocknell pond is down there on the left. Hope you make it and hope your dad is getting better. Lee

Edited to show the correct A road number, thanks Vlad ;)

all packed and ready for the off, just the chilled stuff to put in in the morning :thumbup: Gave the old fella a quick wash to get the crud off, and then I went and washed the car :rofl: only a quick bath today, getting hungry. Weather's looking good :sun: see you all there from 11:00 onwards :rock:

Just a quick reminder for those heading there from the west via the M27, we will be gathering at Rownhams services westbound from around 10:15 until about 10:40 latest for those who want come on and join our convoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Manny, exit M27 joining A35 West and turn off at Burley services (Shell garage and the 2nd garage you get to) turn left, then left again, go under the A35 to the Eastbound side and turn right to join A35 Eastbound, KEEP LEFT!, look for an exit signposted Boldrewood and exit the A35. Follow the road for 1/2 a mile or so and take a left (signposted Boldrewood) Ocknell pond is down there on the left. Hope you make it and hope your dad is getting better. Lee

That'll be the A31, Shirley..? ;)

Today was manic... destroyed my house, vacuumed the interior, cleaned the crap out of it, cleaned the crap off it, picked up supplies from Lidl, got it all under control... really looking forward to it! Camera will be out, so make sure you look your best. :giggle:

Just to clarify- Lee and I will be at Rownham's, look out for a manky blue Octavia Mk1 estate and a slightly less manky red Fabia Mk1. :D

• Like 1