SUNDAY 22ND JULY-NEW FOREST DRIVE AND BBQ

Which type of barbecue can I use?

Family Groups (under 20 people)

This is straight from the forestry commissions website so we are good up until we hit person number 21, then we will have to go to an official BBQ site :3

Which type of barbecue can I use?

from the Forest website;

Disposable barbecues are not allowed, except in the picnic sites at Bolderwood, Blackwater and Wilverley where special log stands or plates are provided.

Appropriate fire precautions should to be taken and we request that the used barbecue and all litter is taken home with you.

Non-Disposable and gas barbecues Freestanding gas/charcoal barbecues can be used within 20 metres of all car parks provided they are raised safely off the ground to avoid scorching the vegetation.

Appropriate fire precautions should to be taken and we request that the used barbecue and all litter is taken home with you.

we'll be taking a few of the non disposable variety, but feel free to dispose of them if you so wish when you get home.

Ok, so those taking "non-disposable" BBQ's - how are you getting them home once used/hot/full of part burning charcoal??

Would we be better off attending a site that allows disposable BBQ's?

Jonny, I think we should have enough free-standing BBQ's, I was going to bring a couple of buckets to fill with water from the pond to douse the charcoal once we're finished and something to put the waste into, I have some tough plastic feed bags which will do.
  • Like 2

Jonny, I think we should have enough free-standing BBQ's, I was going to bring a couple of buckets to fill with water from the pond to douse the charcoal once we're finished and something to put the waste into, I have some tough plastic feed bags which will do.

Good. A man with a plan. I just have flashbacks to TRAX in 2006 when a member decided to BBQ and ended up dousing the aforementioned with a 2litre bottle of coke to put it out :giggle: then placed it carefully still smouldering in the back of his estate car.

• Like 1

My Glove box works as one, if i switch that feature on and my aircon is on :D

do you also have the little drinks cubby with a lever marked 'ON'? Any idea what it does :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

not a lever, just a dial with a hole in inside the glovebox, turn it to open and it aircons the glovebox :D

Where's this drinks cubby you speak of? My vRS may not have it mind :/

not a lever, just a dial with a hole in inside the glovebox, turn it to open and it aircons the glovebox :D

Where's this drinks cubby you speak of? My vRS may not have it mind :/

oh no, not another that doesn't know about the drinks cubby :giggle:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/127385-on-button-pull-thingy-in-right-hand-cubby-box/

I have missed some of this thread, I hope the weather does improve. We need the weather we had at JKM a few months ago, warm sunshine.

I have a quick question for those going,

Are any of you planning or heading to the Costa Del Sol this summer, and planning a visit to Gibraltar? I have £20 in Gibraltar pounds (Notes) that for some reason my bank does not want to accept, so if you are heading that way I would like to find a kind soul to swap £20 worth of mainland pounds for my Gibraltar ones.