The new design Skoda logo badges fitted.

I ordered and fitted the new Skoda design badges today. I ordered the flat ones, part no. 1ST 853 630 A AUL.

They're on the car but a lot of fetling and sanding was aquired to make the front badge sit flush.

Fits nice now but should have ordered 1ST 853 601 A AUL (convex) for the front. Another member pointed this out to me but was to late as I already ordered them.

Flat badge fits good for the back but so will the convex badge.

Old vs New. New a lot bigger.

IMAG0671.jpg

IMAG0674.jpg

IMAG0673.jpg

IMAG0677.jpg

IMAG0675.jpg

I used tigerseal to stick and fill the reces with for the front.

£21.34 for the pair. VAT included.

Edited by Funky Fab

The back fits nice, the sticky pad on the back of badge is enough to deal with the curve of boot.

There's three positioning lugs on the back of badges which snap of very easily.

I wrapped my grille today, I was soo tempted to get the new badge, however I do like the original badge as well. But they do look nice. Would the convex one have fit flush you reckon?

Maybe?? I think it would be less hassle to fit.

But you still need to fill the recess with sticky pads or tigerseal to grip the badge.

I've ordered the new centre caps for mine. I wasn't too sure about the new badge for the grille. You have changed my opinion though! I have one from a favorit on my grill anyway.

Maybe?? I think it would be less hassle to fit.

But you still need to fill the recess with sticky pads or tigerseal to grip the badge.

Do none of the 3 prongs fit in the two original holes either? And you know where the original dip is, and obviously the smaller badge has a 2mm gap inside the ridge, does it fit flush to the outer edge? I can't really see in the picture.

Do none of the 3 prongs fit in the two original holes either? And you know where the original dip is, and obviously the smaller badge has a 2mm gap inside the ridge, does it fit flush to the outer edge? I can't really see in the picture.

No prongs fit and the badge is a little over the recess edge.

In other words, the recess is now useless, New badge overhangs about 2 mil.

No prongs fit and the badge is a little over the recess edge.

In other words, the recess is now useless, New badge overhangs about 2 mil.

Bloomin heck it is a big badge, did you put extra sticky back to fill the gap then?

Hmm.. rear one maybe a possibility.. but can't beat the original ;)

319761_10151816859745445_708977924_n.jpg

That one is my Favorit ;)

New ones are a bit bling for my linking.....and thats coming from someone with gold wheels! :D

• 2 weeks later...