Rapid Interior

This pic has been discussed in the rapid thread in off topic I think and it was suspected in there that this is not a final interior shape yes but trim should have some nicer touches things like electric window switches are not present in this pic etc so prob unfinished.

Can't be a production picture..........no badge on the steering wheel.

Also:

(not having Maxi-dot or the other full-height thing in the dash) What's the curve at the bottom of the display?

Two buttons in an odd place on the cluster too?

The left knob legend is very badly worn (or has stickers on it?)

The interior is horrendously dirty.

A vane in the vent is broken.

Door-lock LED is not in the "normal" place.

Also:

(not having Maxi-dot or the other full-height thing in the dash) What's the curve at the bottom of the display?

Those two buttons are on Fabia courtesy car I have at the moment. IIRC the left button cycles through time adjustment and service interval. The right button zeros the trip.

Also:

Looks like it's maxidot, and is showing a compass at the bottom.

Like this

4871774167_e2fdbd5c95.jpg

Those two buttons are on Fabia courtesy car I have at the moment. IIRC the left button cycles through time adjustment and service interval. The right button zeros the trip.

Blimey! Extension buttons so you don't have to reach *all that way* to the buttons that were already there ;) ;)

Looks like it's maxidot, and is showing a compass at the bottom.

Aha! Okies. :)

Thanks for the info guys. :)

Edited by RainbowFore

That isn't maxidot and probably not the compass as it does not have Nav unless there is just a compass sensor for certain countries.

That isn't maxidot and probably not the compass as it does not have Nav unless there is just a compass sensor for certain countries.
You never know what weird options are on pre production prototypes

That's an awfull lookin dash similer to a fabia.

Yep, that's where I was coming from . I think we're agreed that it's not production ready but I doubt the overall shape / central console will change. Feels like a bit of a step backwards. Mind you, compare it to what SEAT are doing with basically the same interior for the Toledo and theirs looks a lot more appealing after a bit of showroom gloss is applied! I'll reserve judgement till I can see one in the flesh!

car_photo_502465_25.jpg

Edited by Guinness

That´s right, the first picture what´s NOT is the stereo, put in the Bolero or Columbus and diferent colour moldings and the interior looks like the furute Seat TOLEDO. I like it.

God, you would have to hope its not the new interior. Looks like something I drove 20 years ago. A huge step back from the current Octy interior

Yes that does look like a pre-production test hack used to try out mechanical components, doubt very much the final product would look like that. Interesting that the curved thing at the bottom of the maxidot is probably not a compass, notice that there is no guage in the bottom of the rev counter for fuel or water temp. I wonder if that is a temporary replacement to keep an electronic eye on things.

Ian