Rapid - first official photos!

I do not like the Indian version dash cant be anything like that but I thought the dash was normally same shape at least!

I do not like the Indian version dash cant be anything like that but I thought the dash was normally same shape at least!

They are nothing to do with one another, apart from name.

I heard the Rapid was due to start at about £13K. Can't see why they are using the HTP though - surely the 1.0 from the Citygo / Mii / UP! have rendered it obsolete (as powerful and more efficient). I would think the 5th engine is going to be the 160 1.4 TSi, then save the more potent engine for the vRS version.

I do hope that the bigger engines dont just come with the DSG option though - As brilliant as it it, I HATE it, it makes driving seriosly boring. (Sorry ot those who like it, thats just my opinion on it!)

Do like the idea of a Rapid Rapid though (would be a good tag line for the vRS version!!!)

You have to be joking! DSG Boring? Not in a million years. I have one in a 2.0D, and it is very rare for anyone to get past me. If I fancy a bit of tighter driving, then the flappy paddles make it rather nice. BUT, I hardly ever have to resort to them.

My worry is the size, as the current Octavia has a tremendous boot, and is just about the right size to be nippy whilst having a long enough and wide enough wheelbase to soak up some of the bumps in the UK's roads. I can get THREE sets of golf clubs for a week's trip away in my boot. The new Octavia looks as if it will be the size of the Superb, so it goes way beyond what I can fit in my garage. The Rapid might be a bit small in the boot. I really hope they do not go for teh interior of the concept car, as it had negligible in-cabin storage. It had lost the door pockets (apart from space to hold a bit of paper, like in a BMW), and most of the others.

What I would like to see in the Rapid is a DSG 4x4... VRs engine and Lauren & Klement comfort and trim levels. And pigs fly.

Edited by Fellwalker

My worry is the size, as the current Octavia has a tremendous boot, and is just about the right size to be nippy whilst having a long enough and wide enough wheelbase to soak up some of the bumps in the UK's roads. I can get THREE sets of golf clubs for a week's trip away in my boot. The new Octavia looks as if it will be the size of the Superb, so it goes way beyond what I can fit in my garage. The Rapid might be a bit small in the boot. I really hope they do not go for teh interior of the concept car, as it had negligible in-cabin storage. It had lost the door pockets (apart from space to hold a bit of paper, like in a BMW), and most of the others.

The Rapid boot should be very nearly as large as the current Octavia apparently. While the Octy will get a bit bigger, I seriously doubt it would go to Superb size, otherwise who would buy a Superb? Superb really can't get any bigger, it's huge already!

My thoughts are that you won't see an L&K in the Rapid, that will be kept for the Octy and Superb that are far more suited to that kind of trim. No chance of 4x4 in it either. Rapid is a cheaper compact family car that is high on Value-For-Money. If Skoda get it right, the queue for them will be massive!

The interior will be nothing like the concept, those interiors are never ever practical for production.

• 2 weeks later...

So the 1.4 TSi will be DSG7 only from that & capable of just over 120mph & 0-62 in 9.5s.

Not bad! Depends on the internal specifications, personally not struck on the Admunsen 7wat-Nav though, a Columbus would be better.

So the 1.4 TSi will be DSG7 only from that & capable of just over 120mph & 0-62 in 9.5s.

Not bad! Depends on the internal specifications, personally not struck on the Admunsen 7wat-Nav though, a Columbus would be better.

Yes, 1.4TSI with DSG only. 206KMH actually translates to about 128MPH, think the car is quite light and aerodynamic which translates to decent performance and economy figures (the 3 cylinder 1.2 is actually faster in the Rapid than the Fabia)

Columbus won't be an option but Amundsen with DAB will.

Wheels range from 14in to 17in. 1.4TSI only with rear disc brakes.

Rallye green is on the list of colours.

Strangely the front and rear track are 6mm narrower on the 105 and 122TSI and both also have a higher drag coeff. than the rest of the range.

So when's the official launch of this thing? I need to know because I want to be able to make a decision before the winter weather draws in and obviously with the choice between this & the Kia Sportage KX3, ordering & waiting time will be key.

So when's the official launch of this thing? I need to know because I want to be able to make a decision before the winter weather draws in and obviously with the choice between this & the Kia Sportage KX3, ordering & waiting time will be key.

My best guess is after the Paris Motor Show. I'm waiting to hear about the new Octy 3.

• 3 months later...

Sorry not keen myself of light metallic blues; although I did like my dads last Superb I but I forget the actual name of the shade.

TP

I probably wouldn't chose it for the Rapid myself tbh although I thought it looked pretty striking there. Some guys on a Czech forum who have seen a few around say the car looks quite good in real life (better than in the photos)

Edited by OctaviaT81

• 2 weeks later...