DSG oil change

I have 1.6FSI engine with DSG gearbox, need service on 60000km. I think it is necessary to change oil in DSG gearbox, but in service I was told that this box needs only check for a leak, and top up oil if level is too low.

Which way is right?

My DSG does need an oil change but because the VRS uses a wet clutch mechanism(s) which works in an oil bath. Your DSG uses a dry clutch I believe and therefore needs no change.

No, there are only positions P,R,N,D,S and +-. Is the text "DSG" only visible difference between boxes?

I am from Latvia, and car is bought here. We don't have such a large Škoda forum, so I'm asking here.

It should have "DSG" embossed into the chrome plate on the top of your shift lever.

I think you might have a conventional "tiptronic" auto box. Completely different from a DSG.

HTC Sensation XE using Tapatalk.

It won't have a DSG. As said, it'll be a standard 6 speed tiptronic auto.

I have no idea on schedule of oil change, but if its anything like other modern torque converter auto's, it may be good for life.

It should have "DSG" embossed into the chrome plate on the top of your shift lever.

I think you might have a conventional "tiptronic" auto box. Completely different from a DSG.

HTC Sensation XE using Tapatalk.

Like this:

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0968.jpg

Mine will need doing in 10k and reckon on about £150.

As said if you haven't got DSG it won't need doing, just the level checking.