Auto folding mirrors

Hello all,

I would like to know if it is possible to program the automatic fold mirrors when I closing my car by touching the car doors (kessy). I would like to touch the car door handle to close it and with this fold the mirrors.

This solution is so easy that you do not have to use the key (keep closing button for 2 seconds) to fold mirrors. Car has electric seats with memory settings.

If anyone of you knows how to turn on, I will be grateful for the information.

Auto that I have a Skoda Superb Combi 1.8TSI DSG Platinum 2012.

Thanks and regars,

Maciek

• Like 1

Hello all,

I would like to know if it is possible to program the automatic fold mirrors when I closing my car by touching the car doors (kessy). I would like to touch the car door handle to close it and with this fold the mirrors.

This solution is so easy that you do not have to use the key (keep closing button for 2 seconds) to fold mirrors. Car has electric seats with memory settings.

Thanks and regars,

Maciek

As far as I have experienced, this is only possible on Seat´s (when talking VAG). Why? That´s a good question!

Hello all,

Thanks and regars,

Maciek

I too have Kessy and was dissappointed that I had to use the key fob to fold in the mirrors. On reading through the manual I found no reference to this capability with Kessy, it is either the key fob or the mirror adjustment knob set to fold.

I now ensure I fold the mirrors before leaving the car - which itself presents an issue as you now have limited vision behind/alongside you.

Yes seems 'logical' that there should be a way to do this with VCDS and Kessy but suspect it won't be that simple.

Unfortunately I have niether so can't offer much support.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

@ddyer - i was sitting in my car today, just finding out the car could pull in mirrors on its own ( wooo i didnt even know that ) ..

And when exiting the car, i was thinking about this, the limited vision was a huge annoyment as i live on a quite busy road with fast moving traffic, was thinking if this could be done in a more clever way, wondering why they dont put this on the key...

@maku2 great question.

Different question here, but I'd to know if you can pull the mirror in by hand while moving or certainly engine on , rather than only after stopped and locked.

I can understand that it isn't safe in general with mirrors folded. Think about it, when you're crawling past one another on a narrow raod with parking in both sides it is very often useful to stick your hand out and pull in your driver's side mirror in order to give both the oncoming driver and yourself the confidence to pass without dinging mirrors together.

The questions here are, can you physically do it or would the mechanism fight against you, or could it damage it if you forced it ? I would have thought it would be benign, or I'd at least hope so. It would dismay me if I couldn't manually make the cars profile smaller this way when passing in a tight spot.

Edited by Mog-Puss

Different question here, but I'd to know if you can pull the mirror in by hand while moving or certainly engine on , rather than only after stopped and locked.

I can understand that it isn't safe in general with mirrors folded. Think about it, when you're crawling past one another on a narrow raod with parking in both sides it is very often useful to stick your hand out and pull in your driver's side mirror in order to give both the oncoming driver and yourself the confidence to pass without dinging mirrors together.

The questions here are, can you physically do it or would the mechanism fight against you, or could it damage it if you forced it ? I would have thought it would be benign, or I'd at least hope so. It would dismay me if I couldn't manually make the cars profile smaller this way when passing in a tight spot.

Page 70 of my owners manual states:

CAUTION

Never mechanically fold in or fold back the exterior mirrors with the fold-in function

by hand as this will damage the electric drive.

It may advise against doing it by hand, but in the si****ion you describe just rotate the knob to the correct position and the mirrors will fold in. Then just drive at over 15 kph or turn the knob back to where it was, and they will return to the normal position.

Ah but surely that only moves the glass. The actual housing stays put, no ? Folding the whole thing is different from re-orientating the glass within, which I'd have thought is the only thing done by using the control you say.

Ah but surely that only moves the glass. The actual housing stays put, no ? Folding the whole thing is different from re-orientating the glass within, which I'd have thought is the only thing done by using the control you say.

On cars that have the "fold" facility there are three marks on the button/adjuster located on the drivers door.

1. L

2. R

3. 0

4. At the ten o clock postion there is a symbol of a door mirror. This is what folds the whole door mirror which has been refered to above.

Oh, okay. The reason I thought you couldn't move them unless stopped was specifically that I read that you couldn't electrically fold them in unless the car is locked,. So, is what you are saying that you can partially fold them in while in the car, engine on, even moving ? Parially ?

Oh, okay. The reason I thought you couldn't move them unless stopped was specifically that I read that you couldn't electrically fold them in unless the car is locked,. So, is what you are saying that you can partially fold them in while in the car, engine on, even moving ? Parially ?

If you use the number 4 position and the ignition is on the mirrors will fold away fully. This can be done even when you are driving.

If you use the number 4 position and the ignition is on the mirrors will fold away fully. This can be done even when you are driving.

However if you exceed 15km/hr, the mirrors will unfold (according to the owners manual) regardless of the selector switch position.

I will have to try that as I am sure that when I was on the move the mirrors folded in but then I did fold them back out straight away.

Time to play I think!

Well took the wife to work and "had a play".

Yes I could fold the mirrors in on the move but only up to a certain speed (presume 15kph). Once over that speed the mirrors would not fold in.

If the mirrors were folded in and I then went above that speed they would fold back out but only if I had the control not on the "fold" position.

Hope this clouds the issue. :happy:

<p>

If the mirrors were folded in and I then went above that speed they would fold back out but only if I had the control not on the "fold" position.

But, surely if the mirror control was not in the fold position then the mirrors would not be folded. Wouldn't they fold out immediately the control knob was turned off the folded position assuming the ignition is on?I think I'll have to experiment with this as well.

<p>But, surely if the mirror control was not in the fold position then the mirrors would not be folded. Wouldn't they fold out immediately the control knob was turned off the folded position assuming the ignition is on?I think I'll have to experiment with this as well.

I agree have a play. :happy:

I regularly fold my mirrors using the key but the internal control knob is usually in the R position. When the ignition is started, the mirrors fold out automatically.

I'm pretty sure that if the mirrors are folded in using the control knob (then you leave the car) - on return when you start the car, the mirrors won't fold out, you will have to turn the internal control knob to fold them out. I'm going out in a bit sol will double check but think this is the case.

I have Superb Estate on a 61 plate, and it's fantastic, but have got a slightly different mirror problem and wonder if anyone else has experienced it? When I adjust the glass on the drivers mirror, the passenger mirror glass moves as well!! Rather annoying as you can imagine. It started when an idiot hit the driver's mirror while I was taking a phone call, needless to say they didn't stop, and I assumed that once the new unit was fitted, all would be well...... it isn't! The body shop were at a loss and so I suppose it's a trip to my Skoda dealer, unless anyone knows different??

There is an option in the menus where you can switch this off. Page 20 of the Nov11 owners manual...

it's called Mirror adjust...just deselect the option

I have Superb Estate on a 61 plate, and it's fantastic, but have got a slightly different mirror problem and wonder if anyone else has experienced it? When I adjust the glass on the drivers mirror, the passenger mirror glass moves as well!! Rather annoying as you can imagine. It started when an idiot hit the driver's mirror while I was taking a phone call, needless to say they didn't stop, and I assumed that once the new unit was fitted, all would be well...... it isn't! The body shop were at a loss and so I suppose it's a trip to my Skoda dealer, unless anyone knows different??

Yes it's supposed to do that, although you can switch it off within MFD. It actually works quite well, as you move the driver's mirror inwards, the passenger one matches it and also moves inwards.