New Clio Sport

newbie69,

Love the Fabia vRS, but its not my 'Dresses & going out car'.

I have also owned French cars, and actually enjoyed them.

george

Ah finally! Cos I had actually believed you had the perfect car out there. None of the known problems seemed to touch you!

But back on topic, you actually say you enjoyed french cars and that was my point all along. The "French quality, nahhh" claim is as ridiculous to me as the "It's a Skoda??? nah...." one, and I'm not even French!

I did have the perfect car for what i wanted,

to replace the one it is replacing.

Bought cheaply and would have been sold without loss in perfect condition if it was not what i was after.

Now it is going to get used hard and probably not sold.

I owned and drove 2 Peugeot 504 auto's cars and an estate and they were great cars at the time and in demand in Dundee for Taxis,

(what is good enough for the Taliban was good enough for me.)

I had a Citroen with auto clutch , my dad had BX's and Xantia's to tow with and i have had 2 Renault Senics.

None gave us any bother and never lost us money.

I will buy anything if it works and if not sell it, no brand snobbery with me,

i just will not drive with DRL's or Angel Eyes.

george

Edited by sk4gw

And.... here is the RS version:

RENAULT_CLIO_RS.jpg

The 1.6T engine is reported to be tuned around 220 hp.... :o Damn that could be around 210hp/ton!!!

I'd trade my vrs in for that in a heartbeat

I'd trade my vrs in for that in a heartbeat

Obviously this would appeal a lot to people who bought the vRS just for its performance. Me, I factored also its practicality which clearly this and the previous Clio RS lacked so I wouldn't fancy a change between the two. But one more thing to consider is the price... It certainly looks really really quick but If it's getting near Golf GTI price range then it would only target the few hardcore "track-heads". With that weight it will also be approaching the Megane RS performance and that could be a stumnbling rock imho...

Edited by newbie69

Looks nice. I have had French cars and would agree that have rattled alot more than my skoda. However if you like the car you like the car. Would certianly like a drive when its out to see what it can do.

Echo the other comment above would the Clio now be encrouching on megane territory ?

Obviously this would appeal a lot to people who bought the vRS just for its performance. Me, I factored also its practicality which clearly this and the previous Clio RS lacked so I wouldn't fancy a change between the two. But one more thing to consider is the price... It certainly looks really really quick but If it's getting near Golf GTI price range then it would only target the few hardcore "track-heads". With that weight it will also be approaching the Megane RS performance and that could be a stumnbling rock imho...

For me the next car will still have a dsg box and need 5doors to make getting my little boy in and out easier I defo wouldn't buy one new as they are soo expensive. I've got 3years to wait anyway so may be able to get a good deal on a slightly used or pre reg one like I did with my vrs

the clio is expected to be around 19k for the rs version, there may also be a stripped out 'cup' model at around 18k.

renault are also expected to release a twin clutch auto on the new clio.

pretty much stamping on vrs territory if they put the auto in the rs version, doubt it will ever be vat free though, so will be 3-4k more than the fabia vrs. worth it?

And.... here is the RS version:

RENAULT_CLIO_RS.jpg

The 1.6T engine is reported to be tuned around 220 hp.... :o Damn that could be around 210hp/ton!!!

That's not official though is it. They've just ripped the steev 19" wheels, L.E.Ds and colour from Megane Trophy. Looks very good though. 5 track days and 5k miles and I've had no problems with the Megane. French build quality holding up! :giggle:

the clio rs is now officially 6 speed twin clutch auto only with paddles just like the vrs. it will be a 1.6 turbo with around 200bhp - 0-62 in 6.5 ish seconds and a top speed of around 145mph.

that will tempt a few of you guys i bet!

Cheeryo vrs then!

That will remap to probably 230 or so and will no doubt eat the fabia for breakky as it'll be lighter and much more "performance" oreintated. Not to mention the aftermarket support will be huge!