I know the mdf is not correct but today I went from west yorkshire down to southend on sea then up to redcar then back home I still have over a quarter of a tank left was mostly on cruise doing 70 and it says 62.2 mpg so that will do me!

that 574 miles with me,wife,a child and the thing...................

Impressive, I get just over 500 miles to a tank (just before the red) in my PD170 vRS which is approx. 48MPG.

Just goes to show how well the CR engine has come on.

Note the litres and mileage when you fill up and enter them here for your real MPG...

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php/

I know the mdf is not correct but today I went from west yorkshire down to southend on sea then up to redcar then back home I still have over a quarter of a tank left was mostly on cruise doing 70 and it says 62.2 mpg so that will do me!

that 574 miles with me,wife,a child and the thing...................

Thats impressive. I struggle to get anywhere near that on my PD.,..........the CR really excells in fuel economy.

This shows how bad my 1.9PD is currently with its faults, I'm getting 380 miles to a full tank driven normally...

I'm getting 400 out of my 1.8 TSI! Hope you get your issues sorted soon.

I thought it was just me I have a pd estate VRS, and yesterday on my route to work (really trying) managed 72.2 getting there and 51.6 getting home 61.9 average. its only started this since I just had the injector upgrade (recall). though it wasn't bad before. that's frankly amazing from a VRS estate that runs that well. and yes I still have the PDF, cat and no remap.

This shows how bad my 1.9PD is currently with its faults, I'm getting 380 miles to a full tank driven normally...

Give it a good thrashing to clear it out and things will improve

My 1.9 PD returns between 450 and 530 per tank town taxi work and thats with 207000 miles

Last year managed 640 on a run to Plymouth, will see next week if I can beat that