Few more too

Loads of things:-

ARB bushes, Console bushes replace

Rear ARB

Rear upper strut bar & Seat sport frony upper brace bar

Suspension, brakes to 312mm

Remap

exhaust system

Std paper panel filter is good for over 200bhp, mine didnt like the K&N I had or my old Green cotton one

Wheels

bigger turbo & FMIC

The list is endless really - and the limit depends on your sanity & bank balance

• Like 2

While the re-map might be the no,1 thing to do, I think I would make sure the brakes were upgraded first, as they are a known weakness, basically anymore than 130BHP and they're useless after five minutes.

Then I would start on the handling, and then! I would remap.

Just my personal choice of course.

• Like 1

While the re-map might be the no,1 thing to do, I think I would make sure the brakes were upgraded first, as they are a known weakness, basically anymore than 130BHP and they're useless after five minutes.

Then I would start on the handling, and then! I would remap.

Just my personal choice of course.

The MK2 copes fine with 180 bhp & the stock brakes.

Rear arb has got to be one of the best mods on any performance car. Factory set geo set-up is for mild understeer for Mr average, so dialling out that for more neutral attitude is a must and it seems the Jabba bar is favourite

So, it seems arb/remap are top of the list, followed by a few mentions of 312 brakes. However, I don't see much mention of suspension changes. I have Eibach lowering springs on stock dampers and the ride sucks tbh. Foe me, this has to be the next move (already have grooved/dimpled discs and uprated pads which seems OK

I've got rear parking sensors on mine - but I somehow don't think you were thinking of that sort of mod - though they are handy!

No - I suspect they were dealer fit for the previous owner - proper four sensor set-up with painted sensors. Works well. The annoying thing is that declaring them on online insurance quotes means quite a few companies won't quote because the car's modified!

im after a pd 160, but cant find one for the right money, any good places to look??

cheers

dealers are normally cheaper than anywhere.. people get a warped view on prices when the part is desirable so up the price ;-) ... same with strut braces etc etc...

• Like 1

dealers are normally cheaper than anywhere.. people get a warped view on prices when the part is desirable so up the price ;-) ... same with strut braces etc etc...

I agree. I use my local dealer for PD oil. It costs just £18, compared to nearer £40 from a motor factor