What do I use these little overhead lights for?

Peter Towns

I guess all the Yetis have them, but I'm new to skoda & I've never come across these before in a car.

The cabin overhead light cluster has two tiny down lights below the light switch. They come on when the road lights are switched on. During darkness they provide a small amount of light in the cabin down onto the central consul.

Looking in the Owners Manual I can't find a mention. Whats it intended to light up, and most importantly is it switchable.

They are intended to give a small amount of light on the gear stick area, they are not switcheable, but will dim with the rheostat, and are common on lots of cars now.

During darkness they provide a small amount of light in the cabin down onto the central consul.

I think you answered your own question.

Why scrabble about in the dark? I think they are an excellent touch.

Mine don't have them either.

But does someone know what are the two small grilles placed between the light cluster / switches and the sunglasses storing compartment ? Eng. manual (pdf) p. 52, fig. 32 left, top of picture - mine have them, but don't know what for. No statement abut in the manual.

Chris Glover. Looking at the picture in the Owners Manual p52 fig 32 left top picture. It does appear to show two dots beside switches (I think), that I guess is the same lights as in the picture to the right with the two dots below the switches - as in my car they are the lights. Nothing in the Manual

I guess is the same lights as in the picture to the right with the two dots below the switches - as in my car they are the lights. Nothing in the Manual

But does someone know what are the two small grilles placed between the light cluster / switches and the sunglasses storing compartment ? Eng. manual (pdf) p. 52, fig. 32 left, top of picture - mine have them, but don't know what for. No statement about in the manual.

No such in my car - maybe because mine is the version without sliding roof.

But does someone know about the grilles ?

Can't be the Climatronic temperature sensor - it is on the AC control panel, looking like a small glossy button (stated in the manual). Nor volumetric sensors - as mine don't have alarm system.

Mine don't have them either.

But does someone know what are the two small grilles placed between the light cluster / switches and the sunglasses storing compartment ? Eng. manual (pdf) p. 52, fig. 32 left, top of picture - mine have them, but don't know what for. No statement abut in the manual.