show me your modded front ends

I'm wanting to de-chrome the grille on my SE, i think i know what the answer will be but i'd just like to see it to be sure. Any pics/photoshops of the grille colour-coded in blue or black? Also, i'm wanting to do the front number plate holder too - any pics of this either blue, black or removed? The reason i'd like to see it removed is becuase i have a short private plate so would have cut-down plates fitted. It'll no doubt look pony without it though.

Personally i think i'll do both black as it'll have a Cupra splitter fitted too but i'd like to see before i commit. .

Finally, I'm toying with the idea of changing the headlights, either to HIDs on standard, projectors or projectors with HIDs, any suggestions for decent looking lights or kits? I don't want any of the cheap Halfords-esque ones or anything with angel eyes or DRLs.

Cheers

Kevin

• Like 1

My front end mods.

Milotec grille, with plastic mesh. (No longer on the car)

Yellow foglights, cupra splitter, aero wipers,

de tango'd indicators, led sidelights and brisky sticker :)

SAM_0559.jpg

cheers for the reply lads. I think i'll go with my first instinct and swap the chrome for black, match the number plate surround in black and keep pondering about the lights.

I was tempted to fit an "oo-er" in the thread title but thought better of it - i should have in hindsight!

just came across these pics which may have changed my mind. I'll need to get the number plate holder off and see what it's like then get a few photoshops with grille colours changed...! Also, Octavia wheels is a must now!

this might be exactly what i'm after -

http://img.tapatalk.com/5284d6ec-1b64-a9b0.jpg

although this doesn't look terrbile with the colour matching the body -

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/Janfearn/20120301_162439.jpg

Edited by Kevin_Mc

Smooth bumper, de tango'd headlights, LCR Splitter, Yellow tint fogs and us plate.

I am pretty fond of the chrome grill I think it makes the vRS stand out but that said I wouldn't mind a second surround just to have black so I have a choice depending on mood :p

03b7059d.jpg

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

c77fb924.jpg

Genuine xenons

Lcr splitter

Red crash bar

Seat sport fmic

Also has yellow grille and new vrs badges

intercoolerclean007.jpg

Imo do not do the big mouth unless you have an fmic to back it up as you will look stoooipid