Can Gateway Octavia Mk2 Pre-FL

I'm just posting this for reference, as when I was searching there was plenty of useful information on the forums to help me replace the CAN gateway, but a picture is always useful. Hope it helps someone out.

Attached is the location of the CAN gateway on a pre-FL, Mk2 Octavia, RHD.

post-75434-0-26913900-1342773155_thumb.jpg

Edited by corbo
  • Like 1

I'm just posting this for reference, as when I was searching there was plenty of useful information on the forums to help me replace the CAN gateway, but a picture is always useful. Hope it helps someone out.

Attached is the location of the CAN gateway on a pre-FL, Mk2 Octavia, RHD.

Thanks for sharing the info, I have a pre-FL too and am soon going to upgrade my CAN. I thought mine was behind the Dashboard, but now I know where to look.

Thanks for sharing the info, I have a pre-FL too and am soon going to upgrade my CAN. I thought mine was behind the Dashboard, but now I know where to look.

As per the posts above, it appears the gateway has been moved after 2007 models to behind the dash. My car is from Dec 2004. Glovebox is easy enough to get off anyway if you want to check.

Mines an early 2007 (April registration) and that is driver's side. I haven't found anyone as yet with an earlier car that is that side.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone share how to get at the box? I've taken the two "star" screws out (not with a screwdriver as per the manual) - now my knees are sore, stress levels are high and I can't get the panel away. All I want to do is see if the blower fuse has gone because that's stopped.....

Sighs...

2007 - maybe it's time to get that Yeti we've been ogling since they came out....

Thanks

Adrian

Can anyone share how to get at the box? I've taken the two "star" screws out (not with a screwdriver as per the manual) - now my knees are sore, stress levels are high and I can't get the panel away. All I want to do is see if the blower fuse has gone because that's stopped.....

I'm confused! The fuses are on the driver's side...

Why are you removing the CAN Gateway to get to check the blower motor function?