I love my VRS :-)

Just completed a 1100 mile round trip with the wife and kids with the car so full of camping gear that even the back seat was packed to the height of the two car seats. Absolutely effortless there and back cruising at 80 (yes, I know but who actually does 70) and still managed to hit 57 mpg as an average (and that was with a 3 hour delay on the M6 on the way back). The car is caked in mud and the interior now looks like the floor of a McDonalds on a Saturday night but it didn't miss a beat - what a machine! :-)

(Though having said that we were passed by a gun metal grey RS6 estate and I'm afraid to say I probably would have swapped if the owner had asked me to - and he most definitely wasn't doing 70 :-o !! )

• Like 1

...we were passed by a gun metal grey RS6 estate ...he most definitely wasn't doing 70
He wasn't getting 57mpg either.

With a 5.0L V10... he'd be lucky to get into the 20's... saying that I do want one!

Glad to hear your enjoying the vRS - where did you go camping?

I always like to read the happy ending posts they are a breath of fresh air in a sea of questions and issues sometimes. Glad the car is doing its job and your happy with it. Any pics of it during holiday?

Travelled from Glasgow down to Southampton to visit Peppa Pig world - oh how my life has changed from a few years ago :-) ! Camped in the New Forest at a place called Green Hill Farm campsite - comes recommended if you're into camping (but avoid the adults only area - plagued by mozzies).

I always like to read the happy ending posts they are a breath of fresh air in a sea of questions and issues sometimes. Glad the car is doing its job and your happy with it. Any pics of it during holiday?

Only means one thing though these cars aren't reliable as people make out.

"Adult area"... sounds... interesting... :angel:;)

I wouldn't get too excited. Mainly oldies in campervans fishing around a lake- kids aren't allowed there in case they cark it in the pond when no-one's looking.

And I agree VRS777, Peppa pig world does rock :-), but I believe we're getting off topic here!

(And no, I don't have any pictures - I managed to **** up the charging of the camera before we left - wife was less than happy about that. It was particularly annoying 'cos there were some awesome sunsets and sunrises that would have made for some excellent moody VRS photos - ah well... )

so the best car to go to peppa pig world in is a vRS and if you don't have kids but like camping avoid the adult area as there are mozzies and old git's in the buff. :giggle:

Edited by petetdi