200k - just run in

The old girl (2001) hit her 200,000 birthday this morning on the way to work. As a treat I bought her another 12 months 'Road Fund Licence' :-)

200k.jpg

Spot on just run in! I have a 2000 Octavia 1.6 AKL with 235,000.Great catch on the 200k milestone the car is a credit to you shows what can be achieved with proper maintenance and care!

I was worried I was going to have to stop short of work by a mile or two on a busy main road to take the picture, but as it was I had to "waste" a mile or two driving around the airfield at work this morning to get it to roll over to the all important magic figure!

Had the clutch replaced when I bought the car - around the 70k mark, iirc as it was slipping on my test drive (dealer funded it). I service it using Fuchs Long Life VAG spec oil. My average mileage has dropped, as I only drive to work 3 days every 2 weeks now, although when my car share retires, my miles will go back up again (3 days every week).

I have a fraction of rust under the tail gate handle (estate). It has been resprayed twice, but the Loders Bodyshop in Dorchester is useless and should not be allowed to touch anything - not even a plastic model car. Sadly the Skoda warranty expired days after the Loders clowns touched the car :(

I'm at 314000 1.9tdi 90 ALH on its second clutch original turbo and gearbox

Doing better than me - I changed my turbo, although the one which came off looked to be fine. Current turbo has already been off once to be cleaned and it is looking like it needs to come off again :-(

I changed my gearbox oil around the 100k mark, used Fuchs stuff, seems to be fine, although most ppl recommend using proper VAG stuff.

I haven't had any gearbox issues, apart from sometimes it does not like going into 5th during a high speed overtake when on a slight downhill gradient.

Edited by mbames
  • Like 1