need new shock absorbers

vRS been for its first service today at Hayseldens Doncaster. As expected, efficient service. They even remembered the last time I took the car in that I didn't want them to wash it. However they did pick up that the rear shock was leaking badly and needs replacing.

I have zero mechanical knowledge, but I thought they'd last more that 9 months? Anyone else had the same problem?

Yep, Fabia vRS, 9 months old, 9200 miles. replacement part ordered should be ready next week, all under warranty.

Under warranty so no real issue then. May just be a dodgy shock as not seen anyone else mentioning a similar issue. However sure someone technical will be along soon.

Like bloody buses, just spent the past 7 hours polishing our other car, s Mazda 5, and discovered that also has a rear shock leaking on the drive way. Is it coincidence or a reflection of the poor road surfaces these days?

Come off. Can't say I noticed a problem before but now seems quieter and more stable at speed. Not sure if this placebo or not but has Definately improved the car.

On a different note £10 for a candy white touch up pen!? Felt robbed on that one!