Should I get a remap ?

Yeah I understand it'll be reading over.

I don't always drive that economically but on long journeys when I'm short on cash it helps! Cost me £14 to do 198 miles yesterday :)

Sent from my iPhone using klatapaT.

Cost me £14 to do 198 miles yesterday :)

That's some seriously cheap motoring. Especially for a car of that size ... I mean it's not like it's uncomfortable ride either. Somewhat more expensive with mine, I think I worked it out as around £8.50 per 100 mile a while ago, so call it £10 now I suppose.

It is very cheap.

It's also very very tiring to drive for that long concentrating so hard to achieve such good figures.

I'm going to be driving back tonight at about 11pm so I may sod it and drive at 80+

Oh and sorry OP I've hijacked your thread!

Why not go for what I have, a small thingy that plugs into the OBD, you can switch the map between performance, economy and original.

I achieved this on the economy map on a 96 mile round trip.

3edc46ec.jpg

What sort of mpg figures do you get if you use the performance map ?

What sort of mpg figures do you get if you use the performance map ?

Lowest I've seen is 38 but even at 80MPH it gets 49 MPG.

I wish I can get this figures on my dash

like today for example I didn't wont to be late for work so on M? I was going about 100 and on the dash showed 24Mpg

To be fair you can't really compare a 1.9TDi 105 manual travelling at economy speeeds with a 2.5 V6 auto doing 100mph. If the 1.9TDi were going at 100mph it's mpg figures would drop considerably.

The torque converter in autos waste a little energy, hence they result in lower mpgs. Also remember Alan16ac is driving with serious economy in mind eg: slipstreaming behind lorries, travelling forever downhill, tyres filled with helium, alloys from a penny farthing etc etc etc. If you were driving in a similar fashion you'd see that 24, rise to somewhere around the 40-45 mark.

I also drove 198 miles and only touched the brakes 3 times.

Once leaving the lights at my home town. Once at a service station and then at my final destination.

Those figures would not be achievable in the day time as you'd have to slow to fit on with traffic. I drove late evening/night to achieve those figures.

I'm a bit of an MPG freak.

Managed 62.7 out of my mums Peugeot 5008 1.6 HDi the other day. Not bad!

The torque converter on a diesel auto is a horrendous waste of energy. This is why VAG and others have developed DSG systems.

The torque of the diesel is considerably greater than that of a petrol engine of similar output and occurs at low crank speeds (< 2000 rpm). This is a very unfavourable region on the torque converter's operating map and the degree of slip will be correspondingly high.

Feel the gearcase of an auto box after a run and you will see where all the fuel went. A manual box will be just warm.

rotodiesel.