forge blow off valve

ive just bought a forge blow off valve fit for my vrs,im just wondering if any body else has fitted one and got any advice/tips on fitting it,help would be appreciated

The idea of uprated blow off valves I believe is running increased boost, ie tuned.

The standard valve is usually sufficient when tuned anyway, so the upgrade is pretty much negligible apart from the noise.

The idea of uprated blow off valves I believe is running increased boost, ie tuned.

The standard valve is usually sufficient when tuned anyway, so the upgrade is pretty much negligible apart from the noise.

the idea of a blow off valve on these cars is to make it sound like a suburu.

These cars are designed to have a recirculating diverter valve hence why they are fitted.

On the older 2.0TFSI engines the DVs were prone to failure, so upgrading to the forge ones made alot of sense.

Omn this engine they can take almost double stock boost without any issues, so IMO are pretty much a waste of mooney as theres no performance gain to come from it.

plus Forge DVs require periodic servicing normally so its something else to worry about.

I was given a blow off adaptor on my last car, i fitted it, then took it off becasue it was embarrassing. A whooshing skoda is a deeply embarrassing place to be lol.

i see what you mean bout the bus like noise. i quite like it though. it is very obvious and just daft. what a hot hatch should be tbh. especially one thats bright green.

iv misplaced one of the original bolts which held the oem bov inplace. any idea what thread they are?

was a right pain to install!

Does sound kinda nuts and its not like you can make a modded bright green car stand out anymore than it already does

If you think the spacer was hard you should try the full bov:(

Such an awkward fit to get the bottom bolt out.

With the recirculating one, is there a pipe or boost hose that comes off it? Anyone willing to stick a whistle, kazoo or duck caller on it and make a video for a laugh?

I'd of done it with the spacer, but there's 6 milled out holes so it would be a lot of work to pipe them up to something like a kazoo for a laugh.