whats best ... samsung galaxy 3 or i phone 4s

david allcock

You only had to watch the Olympic opening ceremony to see the plethora of iPhones being used.....................I even saw several people videoing on an iPad!!!!!!

Thousands of people queued to get Windows 95 at midnight on it's release, and all those Harry Potter fans queueing for days, feeling any solidarity with these looneys? Fanatics are lost in the cult of ther choice. Apple is no different.

+1

Apples sales figures are dropping. Didnt the S3 per-order beat any Apple iphone launch pre-orders - sure I read that on the register.

As for queuing at midnight, I can think of better ways to spend my time. If I want something at launch, I'll pre-order and get delivered or goto the store at a sensible hour.

A high portion of queuers will also simply be there to list on ebay hoping stock will run out.

apple is the worlds most valuable company and iPhone sales are 28% higher in Q1 this year than they were last year. People call apple customers sheep because they like to think they are different and think outside the box etc, I can remember when people used to call pc users sheep and used to talk apple up! It will always be the same, the Internet community will always go for the underdog.

You only had to watch the Olympic opening ceremony to see the plethora of iPhones being used.....................I even saw several people videoing on an iPad!!!!!!

To be honest I noticed an equal number of Galaxy Notes and S3s being used too.

Now the phone raging begins. Its near impossible to discuss these things without zealots on either side raging. :rofl:

Apple does have pros over Android and vice versa. Why not just enjoy all technology. :thumbup:

+1

It works?

Lol! My sister in law and her fiance have had their iPhones replaced by Apple so many times I've lost count. I'm sure the same can be said for any mass produced product, the S3 included. My S3 and previous Android phones have been perfect, with no issues so far.

I personally ditched my iPhone years ago and moved to Android and have never looked back, a number of friends have done the same. What works for some doesn't for others. I also own a 1st gen iPad, so I don't think I can be accused of being a fanboy, however when time comes to replace it, I don't think it will be another iOS tablet.

To go back to the OP, the S3 is the superior phone over the 4S, but so it should be, it's almost a year newer. The real comparison should be the S3 against the new iPhone. Whether you're an Android or iOS person is another question.

:)

iphone 4s for me. jailbreak pretty much install any tweak to do whatever you wish with the thing.

And no jailbreak is not illegal however you dress it up.. if you jailbreak to download free apps thats illegal.

my sister has an S2, the screen quality is not a patch on mine, the camera is not either. i think the iphone 5 will put the S3 where it belongs...The bin.

• Like 1

iphone 4s for me. jailbreak pretty much install any tweak to do whatever you wish with the thing.

And no jailbreak is not illegal however you dress it up.. if you jailbreak to download free apps thats illegal.

Google Play (the 'droid marketplace) has buckets of free apps, you don't need to hack the phone to get them either. :)

This made me laugh, Samsung made sure the s3 was used throughout the performance, it was such obvious product placement it was unreal. The only iphone I saw was Mr bean. That about sums it up for me :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

does it not also have paid for apps?

Yes it does... If you look at the charts in both the Apple's App Store and Google's Play store, you'll often find the same apps featuring. Of course, Android has some Apple don't and vice versa. It's lot more even now than it used to be.

There's a trend on Twitter with a rumour that the Iphone 5 will be $800 dollars.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I doubt it's true but if it is that's shameful. Charging it because they can?

My history of phones has been Ericsson (before they were Sony), Nokia, Alcatel, Nokia and now HTC Desire. Also have the Google Nexus 7 which is a MASSIVE jump in performance over the Desire. Stuff installs in a blink and it really is as smooth as butter to use. I went Android originally because technically it was good while not having to be locked in with a iPhone. Most of their contracts are 2 years, you are stuck with iTunes and everyone had one. Seemed a bit common not to mention way overpriced at the time. Can't get to grips with one button either.

My HTC has been reliable all the way through with no major problems. The battery could be better. It's 2 years old now so 2 years behind in tech but still lasts a day or so. I can always change my battery when the time comes. I like I can fiddle with it and it's never let me down.

• Like 1

Yes it does... If you look at the charts in both the Apple's App Store and Google's Play store, you'll often find the same apps featuring. Of course, Android has some Apple don't and vice versa. It's lot more even now than it used to be.

so the comment about there being buckets of free apps available within google play was pointless?

so the comment about there being buckets of free apps available within google play was pointless?

I think the point being made (and I speak as a user of both iOS and Android) was that Android tends to have more free apps and that the iOS platform in general tends to charge for its apps.

Apart from anything else, the apple phones now look so tiny in terms of screen size. Viewing films or reading books / newspapers or even just web surfing is so much easier on my s3. If you undervolt the phones then you can also vastly improve battery life. I get around a day and a half out of my work phone (an s2) . I have

n't had to do this to my personal phone (an s3) yet as it delivers a day and a half or more straight out of the box.

• Like 1

No, there does tend to be more free apps available on Google Play. My comment was more regarding popular apps are being made available for both platforms almost straight away whereas a couple of years ago this wasn't the case.

ETA as mentioned before, I am an iOS and Android user so frequent both stores regularly, that's what I'm basing my comment on.

Edited by Ant.
  • Like 1

Problem is all 90% of the android apps are absolute ****! Anyone who has an android wants an apple, and anyone that says anything different is lying, simple. Topic over! Lol

Problem is all 90% of the android apps are absolute ****! Anyone who has an android wants an apple, and anyone that says anything different is lying, simple. Topic over! Lol

Lol, I must know a lot of fibbers then! :giggle:

• Like 2