Skoda Citigo Tiesto......check it out..could be a bargain

Stu308

Congrats on the purchase. You wouldn't want stop start anyway it's a PITA.

Have to say I like it on the Citygo.

With a little 3cyl engine it does vibrate a little when stationary.

System works well and you can turn it off.

Just got to worry about getting it now, not been able to get hold of seller since they emailed me at 9am, on skoda facebook page it says the last one didnt sell because £13,750 wasnt enough and they wanted more :wonder:

Then they should have put a reserve on it. That's how ebay works. I can't see how they can back out.

Yup if that's the case then they are breaking the ebay terms and conditions.

Once the auction ends and you are the high bidder then it is a binding contract.

Good luck!

Phil

I really really am pleased you won the car & i do hope you get it all sorted and collect the car.

& I know its a Charity thing.

Just to say tho, if it is a Publicity Stunt thing and them pulling or trying to pull a fast one for Much Publicity or some other scam,

then give them Publicity.

If things fall through for you, then Hit The Media with the Story.

Call the Sun, Mirror, Star etc etc.

Call the Radio Stations & get it on Forums like this & get the Story out there.

I do hope none of that is necesssary and you get your car.

Only 1 Right Hand Drive tho seems like it is a big ask to get for the money you are expecting to pay.

george

EDIT< what happened withn the last 'sale' & how often is it going up for sale?

http://www.briskoda....o-meet-lg-arena

Is it this 'Charlotte Meakin', as in the 'Communications Manager @ SKODA UK,

Is that a different one or the same as, Charlotte Meakin,?

Assistant Producer, Lighting Technician, Musician, Producer, Sound Technician, Stage Manager, Theatre Goer.

Edited by ColinD
Removed personal details by CM request.

Hope it does work out.,

just get onto SKODA UK direct if there are problems.

Call the SKODA UK HQ & talk to the Media/Publicity Department or to Charlotte Meakin,

*Introduce yourself, as you will surely be going in their Publicity Photo Shoots and Hand Over stuff.*

being a Communications Manager you might expect her to be a bit hotter on Communications

& running the Pubicity on the Lucky Winner of their vehicle on the Ebay Auction site.

She must be their official Rep, being the Communications Manager

& they SKODA UK or more importantly 'Shelter' surely do not want Bad Publicity.

Is this the Publicity Company that is Involved or acting for SKODA UK/SHELTER would you think?

http://www.aislondon.com

george

Edited by ColinD
Just removed an email add

Hehe.

Ah well it sounds like they are happy for the sale to go ahead.

It's a little price to pay for getting such a bargain!

Bet you can't wait to get it now.

Phil

Right, i've had a reply, this is just a portion of the email

"As this car is limited edition and rather special, we would love to meet you when you collect it. It is made even more special by proceeds going to Shelter. If you are happy with this, would you allow us to maybe take a couple of photos for us to use in a press release etc.?"

ermm no thanks? haha - think i will have to though

I think that's the least you can do really.

"As this car is limited edition and rather special, we would love to meet you when you collect it. It is made even more special by proceeds going to Shelter. If you are happy with this, would you allow us to maybe take a couple of photos for us to use in a press release etc.?"

ermm no thanks? haha - think i will have to though

Tell them you'll do the PR stuff if they'll give you three years free servicing. Seriously.

• Like 1

Do you think they'll do that? sounds amazing if they did!

No, of course they won't.

You've got a bargain and the money is going to a good cause. What's the problem in spending half an hour having your picture taken and answering a couple of questions while you pick the car up?

Expecting hundreds of pounds worth of free servicing for that would be taking the ****.

Very true.

Then look at what the PR Media person there organising your photos is getting that few hours in wages and expenses.

I dont see 'them' donating that to 'Shelter', might be wrong there..

Will it be a Skoda media employee or some London Advertising agency people?

You could just ask Skoda,

then Donate that 3 years free servicing to raise money for Shelter.

There will possibly be a Shelter person there when you collect the keys/vehicle for the Photos.

They (the PR Company) did an absolute cr4p Publicity for the 'Re-auctioning' of the vehicle and did not 'Achieve' a very good final bid really.

SKODA have done OK out of the 'Auction' of the vehicle running twice on Ebay, but maybe not as well as they could of.

I wonder if they are hoping its another successful bidder than can not go through with the purchase.

george

Edited by sk4gw
  • Like 1

It depends how you look at it. They have a commercial interest in getting the pics and blurb. The three years free servicing I suggested obviously doesn't cost them anything like the retail value. It's no skin off their nose and just a thank you for letting them use your image and words in a press release which primarily is to make them look good and ultimately benefit them commercially.

• Like 1