up boot floor

malcster

I have been looking at this over the past few days (my Citigo comes on 1st Sep), and from the pictures of the up! boot on the Internet, it looks as though there is a black plastic bracket on each side, on the wheelarch, that the variable load floor sits on. Obviously, these are not present in the Citigo (or Mii).

I think the key question is how these brackets are attached.

I am planning to examine my Citigo's boot for mounting points, and then investigate ordering the parts from VW if the job looks to be within my (lack of) competence!

I have a Citigo on order with an UP boot floor. I'm in Denmark but I'm sure it's possible in Britain too :)

The dealer will retrofit it for around 160,- GBP.

Edited by pixel_viking

I have a Citigo on order with an UP boot floor. I'm in Denmark but I'm sure it's possible in Britain too :)

The dealer will retrofit it for around 160,- GBP.

Would your dealer be prepared to supply part numbers required as my retailer thought it was a wind up call

Would your dealer be prepared to supply part numbers required as my retailer thought it was a wind up call

My dealer is extremely slow at answering any kind of questions, so I doubt that I'll be able to find that info for you.

I have several questions myself that I've had to find answers to elsewhere :(

If GBP160 is a benchmark price for retro-fitting the variable load floor, (and that sounds about the right degree of "bending over" for a franchised dealer of any car brand in the UK to sell you two bits of plastic and a piece of mdf covered in grey felt) then imho the journalists who do these price comparisons between the up!, Mii and Citigo ought to build that amount in, in the up!'s favour.

I know we all here by definition think that the Citigo is the best of the three, and it is nice to have the choice if the uncluttered boot suits you best, but having seen the variable load floor in the up! (back in April, when it never occurred to me that the Citigo and Mii wouldn't have it as a matter of course, so I didn't take any notice of how it is fitted), it is very nice. Having the flat floor from the loading lip to the folded seat backs is really useful.

I will probably try to make a "bridge" to fill the gap if the retro-fitting idea doesn't work out for some reason.

partslink.jpg

parts with pr3gh on the right is for variable floor

looking at organising some sort of bulk purchase once my citigo arrives and i confirm it fits

costs to follow monday

partslink.jpg

parts with pr3gh on the right is for variable floor

looking at organising some sort of bulk purchase once my citigo arrives and i confirm it fits

costs to follow monday

Where did you get the parts from, when you supposed to get your citigo?

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what parts do we need for the Citigo, as I need to tell the dealer so she can look into it

Also i had a look at 1 at the dealer in the boot there is 2 holes either side of the boot at the right level

i will post the pics soon