up boot floor

malcster

Countrigo

I tip my hat to you kind sir for digging round on the up forum

I suspect that strip is possibly to stop any squeaking from plastic on metal

A bit of foam tape will suffice

When my car comes week 4 next year I'll be ordering

You never know they might be standard fit by then

Well I have the parts, I have had a small look it looks ok I think, the boot mat thing might be a tad too small (depth) but I will have another look tonight depending on how long or I might leave it to the week end

Thanks for the pics, Elegance75. That looks like the solution any deep boot issues for sore back sufferers!!. Did you use the parts numbers as listed by Countrygo, and any fitting issues?

No, yes the parts are from vw and I used the ones countrygo, with fitting only slightly as the screw heads needed some adapter thing which luckily I had, and like most things it needed a bit off a "tug" to line all the screws up, took literally about 10-15 mins

Fantastic pics, Elegance75, thank you: I really want this now!!

Could you please just confirm - does the flexible strip between the top of the black plastic bracket and the wheel arch come as part of the bracket itself?

Also, this "adapter thing" of which you speak: is this something like a torx head or similar - i.e. you can't put the screws in with a normal screwdriver?

Fantastic pics, Elegance75, thank you: I really want this now!!

Could you please just confirm - does the flexible strip between the top of the black plastic bracket and the wheel arch come as part of the bracket itself?

Also, this "adapter thing" of which you speak: is this something like a torx head or similar - i.e. you can't put the screws in with a normal screwdriver?

That's ok

Yes the strip Is part of it

It was a torx, number 6 I think

Thanks - much appreciated.

I have found out that I am going to the big city a week tomorrow, so I will be trying to order the parts from the VW dealer there in the morning.

I seem to recall having trouble ordering parts over the phone in the past (not from this dealer, though). Still, all will be revealed tomorrow, no doubt!!

• 2 weeks later...

An update in case it helps others.

I ordered the parts by phone on Monday, 1st Oct. "About a week" was quoted as the delivery time, with two of the parts on "back order" and having to come from Germany. They were in at the dealer on Friday, 5th Oct, and I collected them yesterday. The price I paid was also GBP 93.00 inc VAT exactly.

I think the bolts / screws may actually have "Triple Square" heads, although Elegance75 used a size 6 Torx bit on his, I believe. I will horrify all the engineers on here by saying that I found a flat 6mm screwdriver adequate for putting them in. I figured that as long as they are "tight enough", they will be fine - it's not as though they are holding the wheels on or anything! I don't seem to have damaged the heads by doing this - they are pretty tough.

I am quite crack-handed, and although it only took me a couple of minutes to fit the n/s mounting, the o/s one took ages (possibly because I had to use my left hand and I am right-handed). You can't actually see if the bolt / screw is seated in the threaded hole, and perhaps my not using the correct tool contributed to the difficulty. I think I probably spent an hour in total on the job.

So, not exactly "bish, bash, bosh", but not a nightmare either, and it's such a nice facility once it's fitted.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Am i correct in assuming the shelf can be held in the upright position by pulling it towards the back slightly and then down the slot in the side molding?

Am i correct in assuming the shelf can be held in the upright position by pulling it towards the back slightly and then down the slot in the side molding?

Yes!

Its so handy having the variable boot floor

Will be going to my local dealer next week to order the floor. Just makes so much sense to have with the mudflaps front and rear and vw up boot protector strip when we pick up the car on 1st March.

Shame Skoda UK don't add them to the UK accessory list?

Edited by Owens

Will be going to my local dealer next week to order the floor. Just makes so much sense to have with the mudflaps front and rear and vw up boot protector strip when we pick up the car on 1st March.

Shame Skoda UK don't add them to the UK accessory list?

Where did you get the mudflaps? How much?

I got the part number for the UP rear mud flaps (1S0 075 101) for £ 24.89 which others on the site have fitted OK..

My Skoda dealer said they can order VW parts without any problems.

I will have some bonding time with the Citigo when i fit them with the raised boot floor, sill protectors, and rear bumper protective film.

Gave my dealer the part numbers for the raised boot and came back with £95.12 for the lot. So ordered and will be eager to fit (Although I have not told the wife)?

I have the raised boot in my Ocy and it's nice to leave the boot cover back and let the little tykes think nothing is in the boot area to steal?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the standard boot liner fits with the raised boot floor brackets or does it need to be trimmed? (to fit on the lower floor)

• 1 year later...

Okay I've been keeping an eye on this and my local Skoda dealer do sell the variable boot floor option for £60

• Supersport steering wheel £300

• Variable boot floor £60

• Luggage compartment cover £50

I assume the steering wheel doesn't come with the air bag? Which would be more on top? Or does your existing on fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk