oooer - 16" Rim option suspended!

vegit8

Vegit8,

The news that ATCO is going to get 16 inches could be good for you.

It adds weight to your request as his order was agreed yesterday and you originally made your request prior to that.

If you had no knowledge of his request being granted, they would be able to get away with it, but as you do know, I don't see they have a leg to stand on.

Worth a call to Trading Standards perhaps?

Hi Thanks for that, but it was the other way round.

My order was accepted some time ago, we were trying to get ATCO's change accepted after being told no.

I even mentioned his plight to SUK when calling about my order - and was told that they were stopping the special order.

Hence this thread. :happy:

I don't mind the 17 inch wheels but I do think it unfair that someone who would prefer the smaller size cannot buy what they want.

Steady on: no-one is being prevented from buying 16" wheels. They just can't buy them from SUK - or maybe they can after all, given ATCOs happy news, but anyway the point stands.

Worth a call to Trading Standards perhaps?

What on earth would this have to do with Trading Standards? Why should they care if SUK don't want to sell you a particular configuration of Yeti? Would you go bleating to Trading Standards if SUK refused to sell you an Urban but with a Bolero radio instead of the Amundsen with DAB?

I think some people on this thread need to get a bit of a grip. Sure, SUK's customer service appears to be leaving more than a little to be desired (no huge surprises there) but getting Trading Standards involved because they won't sell you exactly what you want - something they don't actually advertise as being available? Come off it!

Edited by ejstubbs
  • Like 1

Bloody hell ej, wind yer neck in a bit.

My suggestion was just that. A suggestion.

I was basing it on the fact that they were selling an item to one customer but not another.

Discrimination perhaps?

Bloody hell ej, wind yer neck in a bit.

My suggestion was just that. A suggestion.

I was basing it on the fact that they were selling an item to one customer but not another.

Discrimination perhaps?

No discrimination in it, I'm afraid. (or incompetence)

A retailer can decide to sell what he wants, at whatever specification he wants. Skoda, like every car manufacturer, will have a couple of little words hidden in it's T & C's, along the lines of "specification is subject to change" and that will cover them from this sort of action.

I think you will find the words in the Sales Brochure, somewhere near the bottom. It also covers them for variation in regional models, as well.

16" rims - an essential for me - and the standard rim size for Greenline Yeti's so no problem.

My previous car a Civic Type S had low profile tyres and a terrible ride reputation - dealer arranged a swap with a Civic on 16" rims - great result!

Why not try a similar swap with a Greenline or basic Yeti and your posh version Yeti? Chance for the dealer to make a few pounds on the side!