Reversing camera

Hi all,

I,ve just fitted a JVC AVX640 into my car and was toying with the idea of fitting a reversing camera.

Has anyone else done this or could anyone recommend a suitable camera?

I have seen a few of Ebay but I,m a bit spoiled for choice so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

I had a camera/sensors on my last car and while the camera is a nice gimmick, it is hard to put your trust in it with is small wide angle lens.

I had far more use out of the audiable beeping sensors and tended to trust them far more.

I chose to fit a reversing camera when fitting my Pioneer AVH-3300BT. It was only £12.99, and was simple whilst I had a lot of the trim off already to fit the HU.

A couple of reversing camera installs, including mine are covered in this thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/220757-double-din-radiosatnav/#entry2648340

It's a nice gimmick, and a must if you like such toys. But, only really useful for getting a couple of inches closer in a parking space. In wet weather the lens needs cleaning every few days too.

Learn how to park and youl be fine!

Sorry to correct you there, for the benefit of others, Edinburgh drivers, as a "generic" group, do not know how to park and never use indicators! (s******!!)

Oh no the "naughty word" policing thing has messed up a not naughty word - word used was "s n i g g e r"

Edited by rum4mo
  • Like 1

Parking the vrs is easy as its a small car! Should not be having problems with it or else u need help!

I would normally agree, but in fairness, there are some situations where a little extra help is useful! For example, in the car park at work there's dragon's teeth at the rear of the parking bays - rather than being on the pavement, they're in the actual bay, and rather than marking the edges of the bay, they're in the middle. They're also quite short - probably no higher than the top of the number plate/bottom of the Skoda badge, which means that when you're reversing, should you be close to it, there's zero chance of you actually seeing it (too short to appear in the rear view mirror, too far away from the edge of the car to be in the door mirrors) - reverse parking sensors or similar would be helpful (yes you could reverse less far, but the bays aren't that long - quite a few cars overhang).

FWIW, I reversed carefully the first time, worked out where other things appeared in the rear view mirror, and stop when things look "about the same".

I have reversing sensors on my Fabia. They are a must for me because not only for me they also alert people that you are reversing as they can be heard from the outside of the car. If I go to the park to walk the dogs there's a lot of idiots who let there kids walk past the cars without adequate supervision and seeing as they're often shorter than the height back window there would be no chance of spotting them.