"Resting"

Llanigraham

If taff170 you can do a better job, fill your boots. You certainly have enough to say about how crap staff are - quite regularly in fact.

But I don't though do I?

I suggest you look at my posts and I guarantee I've only had a pop at the mods a couple of times over the last two years.

A lot less than others, so please don't try to go down that route because it's simply untrue!!

No Graham, i dont think its a case of "Tolerating" the other users on the site, thats completely the wrong attitude to begin with its more a case of from having read all the previous threads and having caught up it that several of the posters on the Air Ride thread have a xenophobic attitude outside of the Yeti forum possibly not wanting to associate with the rest of us "Noisy Boy Skoda Owners".

Yet strangely enough i did a quick search and there are several posts of owners in here asking about a Yeti VRS at some point so rather mixed messages indeed and when Babs answered a question in a thread about a Yeti VRS he was immediately probed as to why he was posting in the Yeti forum.

Any user of the site is entitled to post in a forum he/she has access to and he/she feels he can contribute towards this whole attitude of only Yeti owners allowed stinks, hopefully your attitude will change if/when you return as you usually make a good contribution to the forum.

P.S. before any of the Yeti owners tell me off for posting in "Their" forum, this is my Families '59 Plate Elegance TDI 140 4x4 parked outside the house which i suspect we've had longer than most of the people in here! (Feb 2010)

imageqwj.jpg

• Like 4

To any moderator reading this I respectfully suggest that this thread should be locked. Graham has stated his case and various other contributors have stated theirs. I think it would be better if we all got back to talking about Skodas.

I am glad that I "burned my bra" (see comment #15 above). This is in reference to a bonnet bra I fitted that I must admit in hindsight did look awful and my pictures/comments received some pretty awful adverse reactions at the time. Anyway, I took them on the chin and moved on. I was however a "newbie" at the time and was not fully au fait with the forum's etiquette. I am 60 but still hold a torch for anything sporty or customised, so the air ride debate was right up my street so to speak, as we were doing this in the 80's on our cars (still in it's infancy though in the UK at that time).

Yeti owners should be free to express themselves in anyway they see fit and should not expect stupid comments from other members who do not like what they read. Anyway, Yetifabia summed it up perfectly in his post (#13 above), and there is really no reason to add anything else.

Edited by Truthseeker

Precisely, but it seems that the mods dont consult each other before deleting, moving etc.

This means that something that one Mod thinks needs deleting another may not.

If two+ mods agree to remove etc it takes away the doubt in people's minds that the mods acting alone are abusing their position.

This is just an observation and to be fair the mods mainly due a cold job keeping the peace.

Also by removing posts with no explanation some of the threads make no sense, why not post that a thread has been removed and give a reason?

Also I read JRW post before it was removed and it was a lot more diluted than Babs post, so how come that's still on?

No offence to Babs, I'm just stating a fact.

I can see where you're coming from taff, but if you wait until at least two mods agree then more damage can be caused.

The last call lies with the mods, that's why their called mods (moderators).

To any moderator reading this I respectfully suggest that this thread should be locked. Graham has stated his case and various other contributors have stated theirs. I think it would be better if we all got back to talking about Skodas.

Why should the thread be locked?

There are people who haven't read it yet and may want to comment on it.

If you have a discussion in real life and you don't like it you walk away and let the rest of them get on with it.

You don't just say right I'VE heard enough I'm gonna lock the discussion!!

We are all adults on here and as such should be able to voice our opinions without the threat of getting the subject locked.

I would like to say that I appreciate all input from all briskoda members, I have been a member for a few years , I started off in the octavia section , but as I have become older I have moved to the yeti section. ( ref ... Pub scenario ) There are many things in this world that are truly shocking , a poor 12 year old girl in the news for instance. Can we all draw a line under this and please get back to the briskoda that we all love......

• Like 2

There are many things in this world that are truly shocking , a poor 12 year old girl in the news for instance. Can we all draw a line under this and please get back to the briskoda that we all love......

Kinda puts perspective into it doesn't it.

I would comment more, but CBA, you all know the score around here, this has all been said before.

Waplord, you may need to edit that PS. It could be read to mean you've had a house longer than most on here. But then the 2010 in brackets would be silly, as most people will have had a house longer than that.

I do realise that's not what you meant.

Also a photo of a Yeti in a street is meaningless, it could be anyones, anywhere.Just the same as anything put on individuals profiles, doesn't mean it's true.

So you're calling me a liar then?

this is the same car parked outside the dealers in Swansea when we went to buy it.

imageuahw.jpg

GASP! a Dirty Octavia VRS owner also has one of your precious Yeti's !

Here is it in the snow

imagewze.jpg

I must be going to elaborate lengths to maintain this deception!

Just so as i can post in your precious forum!

I would say shame you couldn't afford an elegance Anzio but i'm *above* all that ;)

• Like 2

Damn, Wap. You crazy sonofabitch! That's some incredible dedication to fakery right there!

How much did you have to pay the dealer? And the snow machine for the whole street, must have cost a bomb!

• Like 2

Waplord, you may need to edit that PS. It could be read to mean you've had a house longer than most on here. But then the 2010 in brackets would be silly, as most people will have had a house longer than that.

I do realise that's not what you meant.

Also a photo of a Yeti in a street is meaningless, it could be anyones, anywhere.Just the same as anything put on individuals profiles, doesn't mean it's true.

What a load of bill hooks.........sorry, but that's the only way to describe it

• Like 1