How to wire sub?

Blue wire from the radio is the switched, sort power directly from the battery and a nice short earth to the bodywork. Keep these 3 wires together. Then run the sub out audio cables from the back of the radio down the opposite sides of the car to prevent interference. Plug them into the amp. Then run a + & a - from the amp to the sub speaker. Depends on what you have but if you're running a 2 channel amp you can bridge the out put by connection the + to one channel & the - to the other channel.

I use to do this as a job - the normal boy racer saxo install took approx 25-45 minutes.

Trick of the trade - pack your sub box with bubble wrap to a deeper bass on a smaller box and sub. My packed 250w 10" is louder and punchier than an unpacked 12" 500w sub

Trick of the trade - pack your sub box with bubble wrap to a deeper bass on a smaller box and sub. My packed 250w 10" is louder and punchier than an unpacked 12" 500w sub

Out of interest, does this work on door card speakers? Improve the depth?

Better off searching ICE and Insurance for this info as I'm sure plenty people have posted pics over the years...

Power cable off battery, earth to a point close to the sub. That gets the 4 or 8 AWG stuff out of the way.

Signal and remote-on can be obtained from the back of the symphony.

Have a look on fabia-vrs.com, "mobile phone integration" section for pinouts on the back of the symphony. An adapter block with 4xRCA plus remote wire can be found for around a fiver.

Right, if you want a sub & amp wired up to the standard head unit, you will need to buy one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260820783044?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_2370wt_1344

for the amp, wire a live straight from the battery inside through the bulk head and into the boot

take the carpet off the side and self tapper a earth cable to it, or... like i did, take one of the nuts off one of the rear lights put the earth onto that and tighten it back up.

the remote wire, is always the blue wire, put that to the blue wire on the plug you bought ^ ^ ^

Thats the amp all wired up....

the sub will also just plug into the plug you have bought ^ ^ obvs white to white and red to red.

--------------

Real easy job, Shouldnt take more than an hour really.

Remember to have an inline fuse for the red live wire just incase.

Leave the red live wire loose in the engine bay untill your pretty much done to aloid it touching the earth.

Keep all fuses out of the radio, Sub, Amp and inline fuses untill your done.

Any questions, Just Ask! - Replying to threads like this makes me want to go take pictures of my mine fitted.... i've got all wires hidden and all done properly! Hate seing subs sliding all over the boot and amps screwd to the back of seats with wires all over!

What a coincidence that this question has been asked as I was just wondering the same thing earlier.

Was supposed to be selling my sub/amp from my mk4 Golf but the person buying it has been messing me about so considered fitting it in my Fabia.

What it looked like in my Polo (before the Golf) it's been in three different cars but it's a solid sub:

Boot1.jpg

Just in a normal box now.

The science behind it is that the volume within the box becomes smaller and starts channelling the vibrations to the structure of the unit thus creating bigger boom if you like (creating better absorption). However the downside of this is that the pressure difference is increased for the sub itself and it will require it to work harder for that pulling and pushing motion. i.e. pushing the boundaries of working conditions.

I've personally used spare carpet underlay (1 layer) to pad the inner edges of the box to create a better seal and transfer of vibrations (lower frequencies).

iirc it will create punchier bass at higher frequencies.

Side Note: Having a exit port does kind of the opposite effect by giving more deeper and lower bass frequencies but saturating more of the punchier higher frequencies.