limp home and dash light up like a xmas tree

So while out tonight my car decided to violently go into limp home mode and about 3 lights came up on the dash, after about 5seconds it was only the epc light that was on amd after a few minuites (after returning to a normal speed) that went off aswell, not sure about limp home mode as i didnt want to risk booting it past 4000 until i had stopped to have a check

No visable damage on inspection and car seems fine after driving home

So has anyone else had someyhing similar?

all my posts hidden until work is completed

yep had the same in now at skoda they found a ecu bracket loose so the ecu was just hanging loose, they say this might this might be the cause, they told me if the car goes off road the ecu shuts down and runs on a couple of cylinders, how true this is im not sure, check the ecu bracket, cheers hope that helps.

So while out tonight my car decided to violently go into limp home mode and about 3 lights came up on the dash, after about 5seconds it was only the epc light that was on amd after a few minuites (after returning to a normal speed) that went off aswell, not sure about limp home mode as i didnt want to risk booting it past 4000 until i had stopped to have a check

No visable damage on inspection and car seems fine after driving home

So has anyone else had someyhing similar?

Im also wondering if this could be due to haveing a remap but on standerd plugs?

I've had this 3 times but mine was after sitting at a constant 70mph on the motorway for 60 miles then booting it from lights shortly after, that was twice when standard and I've since had the TMC and now the remap its happened once and I got misfire codes, What fault codes has it stored?

yep had the same in now at skoda they found a ecu bracket loose so the ecu was just hanging loose, they say this might this might be the cause, they told me if the car goes off road the ecu shuts down and runs on a couple of cylinders, how true this is im not sure, check the ecu bracket, cheers hope that helps.

That sounds like a load of bull, I drove my car for 2 weeks with no ECU cage so it was quite loose and never had a problem I also know of another member who has had a 'loose' ECU for a longer period of time, sounds to me like they have just said that as they can't find a fault.

I feel for you guys...

I remember when Davey went from skoda to ford, and this happened when he was overtaking , he dumped the ford straight away... toyota yaris now! lol...

it would scare me if this happened, take away my confidence in the car to do what I want...

surely a fault code must have occured to set the ECU into limp....

I've had this 3 times but mine was after sitting at a constant 70mph on the motorway for 60 miles then booting it from lights shortly after, that was twice when standard and I've since had the TMC and now the remap its happened once and I got misfire codes, What fault codes has it stored?

That sounds like a load of bull, I drove my car for 2 weeks with no ECU cage so it was quite loose and never had a problem I also know of another member who has had a 'loose' ECU for a longer period of time, sounds to me like they have just said that as they can't find a fault.

o well thats not looking to good then, love the car as well but i just hope they can sort it, the computer said intermitant misfiring,

I had something like this when trying out a Tuning box. Happened on the first run with it while accelerating hard from 50ish on a dual carriageway, then again a few days later in similar situation but with box turned down a couple of settings. Did not inspire me whith confidence so got rid of the box.

When did you last change your coil packs dude??

Not heard of people changing the coil packs pn these engines, just th plugs. Do the coil packs fail on the as well? Is it intermittenet or once they fail they are failed?

Its really not worth the effort dude they will give you same answer as me

'Must be something broke in the engine causing it '

From other info I have I can say its not really the maps fault but dueto Revo only knowing about software they will never solve the problem and Apr really do seem to be the way to go.

Would imagine Revo will say "its not the map, must be the engine" and dealer will say "well sir you've been tinkering with the ECU and now you've got engine management lights and issues -why are you surprised and what do u expect us to do?!" Nightmare situation which is putting me off going for a map at the moment. Sorry to about it mate. :-(