New orders?

Hi guys,

I'm interested in buying a new Octavia VRS on the 0% Vat deal.

However the dealer has told me that I can only have a pick of what's on the system and that there not taking any new orders.

The thing is they only have 2 race blue hatchback manual petrol on the system, both of which don't have the spec that I was after.

Is there any truth in this?

Im going to visit another dealer tomorrow to see what they say, just wanting peoples views.

Thanks

Seems odd, surely if your willing to spend more money on other options they would bite your hand off!

There probably trying to blag you as they have those 2 & cant get rid of them, good idea trying another dealer i think.

Id love a brand new 1, what sort of figures have you been quoted if you dont mind me asking?

Seems odd, surely if your willing to spend more money on other options they would bite your hand off!

There probably trying to blag you as they have those 2 & cant get rid of them, good idea trying another dealer i think.

Id love a brand new 1, what sort of figures have you been quoted if you dont mind me asking?

Not a problem

Hatchback Petrol manual

Race Blue, Alacantara, spare wheel, rear sensors and black alloys.

£5000 PX on my 2008 VRS TDI including the £500 deposit from them so basically only giving me £4500 PX for mine :(

Car total £18,367.00 including gap insurance & Lifeshine (which I won't take out I don't think)

Total finance £13,360.00

£210 per Month for 42 Weeks on PCP

includes the 3 years free servicing.

Hope that's of any help

Edited by thompson8

Not a problem

Hatchback Petrol manual

£5000 PX on my 2008 VRS TDI including the £500 deposit from them so basically only giving me £4500 PX for mine :(

Car total £18,367.00 including gap insurance & Lifeshine (which I won't take out I don't think)

Total finance £13,360.00

Hope that's of any help

This car on drivethedeal.com is £16,504.80 with the 4 options listed already added but excluding wheel colour, GAP & life shine

nearly £2k difference, and with £4500 for yours leaves £12,004 to finance

Edited by xpower

I really hope this is not the case - my new order is going to go in in the next few days... I'd be really ****ed off if I can't have the options i want.

Any chance you could reply back to see what they say?

And if so what dealer I don't mind ordering it to far away from me if need be.

Im in Manchester, thanks

Gap insurance £399 dealers, £139 internet

+1 on getting it off the internet.

Lifeshine is £50 off ebay if you want to spend the day doing it yourself.

I only got mine few weeks ago and got the spec i wanted. I went for a white one as one was available quickly but the dealer stated i could get anything i wanted but it would take longer obvioulsy. There was certainly no mention of only picking what was available but at some point this must be the case depending on when they stop manufacturing them.

If not trading in and you are prepared to wait i would use "drive the deal" as i havent seen cheaper offers anywhere and they are probably the most reputable online broker available. Even whatcar recommend them.

Blackline (from September) will only be diesel but you're right on both counts.

If I have no luck at the Stockport or Manchester dealer, I would happily go to Preston if possible?

Thanks

Not a problem

Hatchback Petrol manual

Total finance £13,360.00

Hope that's of any help

DONT THINK THATS A GOOD DEAL TO SHOUT ABOUT

DONT THINK THATS A GOOD DEAL TO SHOUT ABOUT

That was the only price I've been given on a car I didn't want anyway.

I'm going over to my other local dealer today to see what they say.

On a side note do these dealers not want to sell cars anymore? there salespeople always seem to be in meetings etc and never ring back even though the receptionist takes my number everytime ...

If I have no luck at the Stockport or Manchester dealer, I would happily go to Preston if possible?

Thanks

Locations a bit further a field. The name comes from the boss not the place. Good luck with the search.