Wood Dash Trim

jonceebee

Whilst waiting for my Yeti to arrive (March 2013) I thought of purchasing extras in advance. I noticed the wood dash trim from SuperSkoda but can only see the left hand drive version. Has anyone purchased a RHD version from them? if so what part numbers do you order? or can you obtain this in the UK. This is a great site and has given me the confidence to go for the 1.2 DSG Elegance I was so scared of going for until I read the comments from owners, thanks to all who pass on their findings

• 2 weeks later...

When I was ordering my Yeti here in Serbia I paid 46 euro extra for that dash wooden look, which is much more cheaper than when you buy it later at superskoda, price is over 100 euros I guess. Talk to your dealer before ordering one over the internet.

Thanks to you all for the input. I ordered from Allams £82 including delivery. It arrived within 7 days, all I need now is the Yeti which will be delivered in around 6 months according to the dealers. I will let you know how I got on fitting it and add a photo or two when in place

When I was ordering my Yeti here in Serbia I paid 46 euro extra for that dash wooden look, which is much more cheaper than when you buy it later at superskoda, price is over 100 euros I guess. Talk to your dealer before ordering one over the internet.

It is not an option over here in the UK, so we have to order separately and fit, which is very easy to do.

• 1 month later...

Hi all I would like to purchace a Wood trim kit for my Yeti+ ,what is entailed in fitting please does the the Sat nav have to be removed and replaced ? would appreciate some details of what is involved thanks.Strapper

Hi all I would like to purchace a Wood trim kit for my Yeti+ ,what is entailed in fitting please does the the Sat nav have to be removed and replaced ? would appreciate some details of what is involved thanks.Strapper

It is a simple job - 10 mins max - First remove the black trim around the radio by slipping a thin edge (old credit card) under the trim and gently levering off, once it has started you can see where the clips are and ease it off. To remove the silver trim it is easiest to open the glove box so you can get a firm grip on the silver trim, pull (hard) and the trim will come away. It is useful to look at the new trim to see where the clips are then you can work along the loosened trim and ease it off. I promise it sounds more difficult than it is! The small piece of silver trim by the light switch is actually tougher to get off because it is more difficult to get hold of, best to use a thin edge to pry it off so you can get a grip of it, then pull/ease it off. Putting on the wood effect trim is easy as it just snaps into place' the clips give you the location. Finally snap on the radio surround and admire your work!

There are several other descriptions of this job if you do a 'search' on wood trim. Best of luck.

• Like 2

Good Morning Strapper.

I suspect that the Sat Nav unit is a similar design / fitting to the Bolero (Double DIN type) radio. If so, Check out the Skoda Yeti Technical Guides HERE - where you will find the removal / fitting instructions [HERE].

Hope this helps....................Tony

• Like 1

I ordered the wood trim from Allams and it arrived within 7 days. Easy to fit and looks great - a big improvement over the standard trim .

This looks different to the one that Rockhopper has, is it possible to see a picture of it fitted in the car sometime.

Is it plastic with a simulated veneer, can't imagine its real walnut.

Cheers,

Anyone wanting to sell their discarded standard trim? I might try wrapping it with Carbon Fibre foil. Just a thought

I don't fancy wood despite being an amateur cabinet maker. I've had real wood on Triumphs and a Rover in the past and it did look good. My last Honda had fake wood and it looked exactly like............... fake wood! I trust the Yeti kit is a bit more realistic.

Anyone wanting to sell their discarded standard trim? I might try wrapping it with Carbon Fibre foil. Just a thought

I don't fancy wood despite being an amateur cabinet maker. I've had real wood on Triumphs and a Rover in the past and it did look good. My last Honda had fake wood and it looked exactly like............... fake wood! I trust the Yeti kit is a bit more realistic.

I don't think it looks like 'wood trim' - more like random brown and black artwork! The point is that with the Gobi interior the trim provides a much more pleasing transition between the Gobi upper dash and the black lower dash than the standard trim. Certainly I think it would look out of place with anything other than the Gobi trim.

It is black plastic which is covered with an impressive dark walnut style wood effect although the shades do seem to vary a little. My car when it arrives will have the Gobi interior, I have a friend who fitted the dash to this colour and it does look realistic. As other members have suggested, I feel it would not match the Onyx trim very well, where the silver style seems to look better