Slightly damaged SLR

The SLR proved exceptionally strong in collision tests, other than the carbon fibre / bonnet splintering, so It'll be interesting to hear what the court case put the estimated impact speed at.

I timed the SL55 (500ps as opposed to 620'ish) I had for an extended loan at 7.5 seconds from 70 - 120 (on a private road before braking down again before anyone says anything), so it could very easily have been doing a 3 figure speed.

Given the amount of damage to the SLR I reckon the Golf held up really well. It probably looks worse because the roof's been chopped off by emergency services. Looking at the size of the SLR's engine, I doubt that would act as much of a crumple zone, poor Golf was really up against it!!!

Hope the Fabia protects me this well if anything bad ever happens...

Nas also wrote off a Ferrari last year on an M18 sliproad after a "fox ran out in front of him"... yeah right... the thing then was that he didin't even own the car but was on a test drive!

Two Scooby's he owned including a rare 22B were written off as well.

Lee

I wonder if people think that solid white lines are put down to an excess of paint.........

They'll be there for a good reason (like hidden dips)

Thats one thing you can't rely on over here is the dotted lines, I noticed a good few times approaching hidden dips that the lines don't go to soild, straights between bends having dotted lines when you'd need your head examined to overtake and worst of all perfectly good stretches of road where dotted lines should be and there not :confused: , I think theres a few clueless people working on the roads over here, I pity anyone from abroad trying to follow some of them :)

I saw a few of the news reports on this at the time - some witnesses said yes, he did clip the mondeo (then lose control, go onto the verge, back onto the road and hit the golf) but the mondeo was the last in a line of 6 :eek: cars he tried to overtake in one go. Nob-end. I don't care if you've got a skud missile firmly wedged in your bumcrack, nothing's fast enough to do that safely. Except maybe a fireblade and only then because if something's coming the other way it could move over and give you enough room to stop you becoming a red mark on the tarmac.

My best guess is that he legged it for one of several reasons - too many passengers in the car; p1ssed or otherwise chemically compromised at the time; perhaps thinking of claiming it was stolen; maybe trying to get one of the other 2 to take the blame for him? Or maybe just genuinely stunned at what happened when he drove like a complete tool and not wanting to be there when the police arrived...

I have heard on the grape vine, that he was showing off to a few chums and drove flat out up ringinglow, which is straight and up hill for about 4 miles but with dips. The car apparently took off which caused the car to head in a different direction and it all went pete tong. Why he ran i am not sure, but he lives yards away - so maybe he did carry something with him to hide before he was arrested.

Anyone who knows the road well though, knows you can pass the national speed limit sign and hit 100 mph by that hump where the car goes all light. So an SLR could probably hit 130-140 mph by that hump - but god knows what actually happened. There is a lot of mess on the verge !?!?

He needs a fiesta until he can learn to drive i think - lol