Best Value Superb

In July I bought a June, 2009 Superb 1.8TSI manual twindoor Elegance in mafia black with 57,000 miles on the clock.

The car was unmarked with full, comprehensive Skoda service history, having been owned from new by a retired consultant in Kent.

It was sold as a Sytner Select used vehicle by Toyota World in Birmingham.

Price? £8450.

C'mon - I can't match these Greenline junkies with their 60+ mpg; surely I get a nod for best value? :clap:

I was amazed at how they hold their price, I just got a 58 Twindoor 2.0Tdi 170 CR, Elegance 4x4 manual with 70k on it for £11500, cheapest I could find anywhere, few marks but other wise tidy and full Skoda history, My Bro has just picked up from the same dealer a 58 Mondeo Titanium 2.0Tdi 140 with 53k on it for £8500, who'd have thought that Skoda would have that much more residual value than a Ford and I know which i'd rater have despite the price difference!

The Ford Mondeo falls like a rock due to quantity. The Skoda holds higher than it really should because of the same (or lack of). When searching for Greenlines, I found the 1 year old used ones were the same price as the new ones because they were so thin on the ground.

That's what I've found with my 4x4 170 elegance estate, should hold its value nicely for a few years.

Same model here. Managed to get mine for about 8k less than a brand new one, and no waiting which was great.

Edited by Yearofthegoat

Got a 59plate 2.0 170bhp tdi elegance twin door in silver with full leather heated seat in front an rear, park assist, solar sunroof, 57k on clock, one owner, full ssh, for £11450.

Not a bad deal.

Are these good deal superbs coming from Skoda dealers or independants??

I got my super 2008 170DSG Elegance twindoor from a main dealer with 70k on the clock for £12500. It has full dealer history and has also had it's DSG serviced too.

12 month warranty and 12month full breakdown.

No umbrella though!!!!

No umbrella though!!!!

Should be in the back door for an Elegance shouldn't it?

I'm pleased to see so many Elegance models around, I wouldn't go for less myself - hopefully a good 2.0 170 Elegance will be less than £10k in a year or so's time when I'm looking for an upgrade...

I think it's pretty impressive how almost all Skodas are very good at keeping their value, it's just a shame I can't afford to buy a new one!

Mine was from a Skoda dealer under Skoda's 'Approved Used' label. It was £22,000 for an Oct 2011 170 4x4 elegance estate with electric tailgate, black metallic paint and 5400 miles on the clock. I'd spec'd something similar new and it came out at about £30,000. Looked at it on a Sunday and drove it home the following Thursday. Been really pleased with it so far.

No umbrella though :(

Should be in the back door for an Elegance shouldn't it?

I'm pleased to see so many Elegance models around, I wouldn't go for less myself - hopefully a good 2.0 170 Elegance will be less than £10k in a year or so's time when I'm looking for an upgrade...

I think it's pretty impressive how almost all Skodas are very good at keeping their value, it's just a shame I can't afford to buy a new one!

I know what you mean, Had to push the boat out to get mine, I was amazed at they hold their price, I bought my Superb1 1.9Tdi Comfort 4 and a half years ago when it was 3 years old with 60k on it it for £6500 and thought I'd spent alot then, had to pay £5K more to get a slightly older Superb2 with 10k more on it, although it is a Elegance!

If you do buy the SE is nice and a good spec but try and push for the Elegance, the toys you keep finding will keep you amused for hours! lol Still finding new thing mine can do like designated key fobs that alters the seat on opening to who's ever it is, mirror tilt on door for reversing, folding the door mirrors in from the key fob and the 20gb hard drive for your music is great and despite what some say is dead easy to navigate the folders, I'm sure theres things i'm yet to find and might never find!

My Superb Elegance Combi was so much cheaper than my previous Audi I just could not believe it. The Audi was $63K in 1999 and had nearly everything available at the time. The Skoda was $55K and the only thing it did not have was the Panorama roof, which in Australia is a dubious accessory. I sold the Audi for $6K and it only had 110,000 Km on the clock so was disappointed to say the least. While the Skoda is less "sporty" than the Audi it is a great point to point machine that is extremely comfortable (despite the threads on seat comfort), and gives good fuel consumption on the open road. Even though it drinks like a fish around town I can put up with that because of the $thousands I saved by not buying another Audi or Passat. As an Aussie can someone tell me who pays the VAT on your VAT free cars? Is it a government thingy or a Skoda incentive?

As an Aussie can someone tell me who pays the VAT on your VAT free cars? Is it a government thingy or a Skoda incentive?

They're not really VAT free; it's just a standard discount equivalent to the amount of the VAT (20%) advertised by Skoda and funded (allegedly) by Skoda and the dealer. The invoice still shows VAT on the discounted price.

Bought 7th August 2012, a June 2009 (09) twin door 2.0 TDi 170PS DSG Elegance with Park Assist, full size spare and Metallic Paint for £11,750 with 2 owners @ 41,000 miles, from Snows Southampton through their TG2A Company (Too good 2 Auction). 3 month statutory warranty only though. Has FSSH though.