Dewsbury Car Meet for Zippy (All threads merged)

SNH

Zippy, the organiser has realised the Golf course isn't going to be big enough, so has arranged another venue. (He has edited the first post on scoobynet).

MASSIVE THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY FOR THEIR KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT, THE EVENT HAS GOT SO BIG I HAVE HAD TO CHANGE THE VENUE SO PLEASE SEE THE ORIGINAL POST FOR AMMENDMENTS YOU ARE ALL FANTASTIC AND I CONSIDER YOU ALL FRIENDS AND GENUINLEY AMAZING PEOPLE THANK YOU SO MUCH FROM ME AND MY FAMILY

It is now going to be at*:

FRED LAWTON LTD

MELTHAM MILLS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE,

MELTHAM

HUDDERSFIELD

HD9 4AY

* This may be subject to change. The thread has gone 'viral' over internet forums and Facebook, so even bigger venues may be required. Keep an eye on the original scoobynet thread.

Edited by Jim H
  • Like 2

Zippy, the organiser has realised the Golf course isn't going to be big enough, so has arranged another venue. (He has edited the first post on scoobynet).

It is now going to be at*:

FRED LAWTON LTD

MELTHAM MILLS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE,

MELTHAM

HUDDERSFIELD

HD9 4AY

* This may be subject to change. The thread has gone 'viral' over internet forums and Facebook, so even bigger venues may be required. Keep an eye on the original scoobynet thread.

Time has changed also , now 1PM

As others have said keep an eye on the threads as both may well change again, With the potential traffic chaos hopefully plod will get involved early in a positive way

As others have said keep an eye on the threads as both may well change again, With the potential traffic chaos hopefully plod will get involved early in a positive way

If police become involved this may cost the organiser ? However if it's marshalled by the organisers this may be enough well let hope it goes well for them, could become a yearly meet and competition for best car of the meet? Never forgotten so to speak ?

I believe an ex local bobby and someone who has local contact's has already been in touch with the police informing them of the event which they are wanting to organise so they know of it.

From the fb page:

From scoobynet ATTENTION ALL PLEASE-

With much regret I have to say this but zippys family have decided on said venue will stay as it is and we can't use airfield etc (family's request) so all we can do is respect their wishes and work on that.

Sadly with the said venue we are having to limit the numbers of cars coming to approx 1000-1500, I know it's a dam shame as so many people have come forward on this sad situation from far and wide, but needs must.

It's overwhelming the response he has had and he said to me today I though I'd do a car meet from the local area with about 30-50 cars...lol well that hasn't gone that way.

But it's really nice that the car community have come forward in this way and zippy is very overwhelmed by the response I can assure you that.

We will put a better plan up on the numbers and where from on other thread to keep it tidy, but I think the scoobynet community has priority as this is where he is from and then look at other car forums.

Zippy is receiving a lot of pm's at the moment and cannot reply to everyone with offers and condolencies and may not be able to reply or except your offers, even though he is very appreciative of them, he just has a limited time with his son and maybe has other ideas for Connor, this is the 1 day that he chooses to have a car meet/gathering, so please accept his wishes as I'm sure he has a lot to deal with at the moment.

If you would like to donate to him then that's fine but please send to him and only him for security reasons (scammers paradise) no offence by that but it can happen.

I know it's gone viral very quickly and is very hard to control now but please accept what HE and HIS family want.

It would be good for the papers to get involved but the wording and title cannot be risked as Connor may read it and dosent know the full situation apart from he's poorly.

Thanks all for reading this and please respect his wishes

Carry on with this list in scoobynet for members in here and we will just top the numbers up in the other thread which I will update shortly.