Help needed Engine light on

Hi all,

noticed my engine light on today,the car does seem to run fine although over the last few months i feel like I have lost some boost ,also from time to time i do get a very slight lumpy idle ,I dont have any VCDs (don't know what I need that doesn't cost loads),I have a 2007 VRS petrol 84,000 miles any ideas??

needs a scan, download torque pro app on your phone its £2.95 and order one of these:http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19c9ec554f

This has never let me down and also clears codes and lights, reads them, shows tech engine data and many other things, and all in costs a quarter of one scan at a garage. Beware though friends will be all over you for a scan to save some money on theyre cars

Edited by Lofty79

Scan carried out and we ran an output test on the N80 valve and could hear it function OK. No physical signs of any pipework issues and so it may be down to brimming the tank. Cleared the code and it didn't return after a test run, so hopefully that was all it was. Code thrown :-

001089 - EVAP Emission Control Sys

P0441 - 002 - Incorrect Flow - Intermittent - MIL ON

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 10100010

Fault Priority: 2

Fault Frequency: 11

Mileage: 133114 km

Time Indication: 0

Date: 2000.00.00

Time: 16:31:54

Freeze Frame:

RPM: 840 /min

Load: 16.5 %

Speed: 0.0 km/h

Temperature: 90.0°C

Temperature: 21.0°C

Absolute Pres.: 1030.0 mbar

Voltage: 14.224 V

I would like to gave a big thanks to GTI jazz Blue for his help today, engine light still remains off,I replaced the PCV today ( for the N version as a matter of course ),couldn't see much wrong with the old one ( it was a F vesion) anywho car is running well.

While I was at TPS I bought some oil which turned out to be cheaper than what I get in halfords with my trade card result.

Again thanks Paul.

• Like 1

I would like to gave a big thanks to GTI jazz Blue for his help today, engine light still remains off,I replaced the PCV today ( for the N version as a matter of course ),couldn't see much wrong with the old one ( it was a F vesion) anywho car is running well.

While I was at TPS I bought some oil which turned out to be cheaper than what I get in halfords with my trade card result.

Again thanks Paul.

Welcome mate :sun:

PCV valve? That fault code relates to the EVAP system.

It was in response to a feeling of being slightly down a bit on power - not the EVAP fault.

We gave the EVAP system a look over for the common issues and ran the output test on N80.

Put it down to brimming the tank as it didn't return once cleared.

Paul

Hi Paul, I understand your way of thinking but the carbon cannister is a common failure on the TFSI, Ive had to change it myself.

The owner is going to see how it behaves and if it throws again then investigate further.

The canister looked sound - as did the pipework in the engine bay.

Paul

did you actually see in the canister???

Owners of petrol Octavia's really need to stop at the first click.

Yes I did, visually it looked fine as did all the pipework in the Engine compartment. Not internally to the canister though.

Paul

Guys my VRS has been running like a dream since i changed the PCV, Fuel consumption as gone back up, on the way home not really trying 36MPG on the way into work 39MPG at 70MPH ,no engine light on.

Paul remember I told you about my Audi A4 130 TDi ,well the engine light came on and was on for 3 days only just gone off today ,I was wondering if this could be the same issue as my VRS (brimming the tank).? I think it needs a Scan ,do you think you could help me out again? I would be most greatful.

• Like 1