yay finally got a build week week 4 next year

malcster

Jeez, I'm glad I cancelled my original order and went for a car which was already built. It was at the dealer's within a fortnight. I couldn't stand to wait for months on end.

Edited by Snuggles

"Seems to be a problem on the up forum some quoted 16 weeks "

"What is it that the 'Up! Forum' has to do with it?"

Could it simply be that Malcster happened to have looked on the 'Up' forum (as I have myself) and noticed that some people had been given 16 week delivery dates. Seems pretty relevant to me given the similarity of the cars.

Guy at Skoda I spoke to said his last call was ordered in may similar spec build date of end of September

Seems production is in overdrive for northern Europe due to exceptional demand

Although mainly wrong side drive ie left

I don't think I'd ever want to wait that long for a car, it's bad enough waiting the 3 months we've ben quoted.

They may eventually loose orders if it's now a 5 month waiting time.

Mick

A lot of folks will pick stocked cars

That seems to be the main production concentration at the minute

1 or 2 options with quick delivery

Annoying thing is every time that I phoned Skoda they are kinda blaming me for ordering so many options (a colossal 4 no less)

My response is always "well if you offer them people will pick them..."

Perhaps thinking about it communism isn't so bad after all one car one colour no problems

Edited by malcster

Interesting.

My dealer gave me a choice of about 20 from stock arriving between one and four weeks away, or order and wait until mid September. I did the latter.

It arrived at the dealer today, around 8 or 9 weeks. Every option other than smokers pack and sunroof. So all option packs bar one plus sunset glass.

All the Yetis we've had have been between four and seven months. So it seemed to arrive quite quickly! :D

Week 4 next year ? Holy cow :@

I think the dealer may be getting a visit .... And it looks like I'll have to pay for the MOT on my Fabia at the end of year. There's a big temptation to jack in it. Trouble is, the dealer mentioned about the deposit being non-refundable. Bugger.

Well if there's no confirmed build date the is no agreement in place so you would be within your right to cancel

Assuming your deposit is by card and they refuse get your bank to do a charge back

Just means its longer before you pass over a few thousand pounds.

george

That's the way I've been looking at it, but I'm getting a bit worried the wait could be extended. :think:

Mick

Best get clarification then from the Supplying Dealer.

It matters lots when it comes to a Trade in Value or Private sale of another vehicle,

or Renewing Insurance, taking out new cover etc.

I make light of the MOT, but i have been through it myself.

Mini & Audi are unbelievable for taking Orders, 'Taking an Order Deposit',

telling you about the 'traffic light' order system, build date etc

then a 6 months after all that, seem to think you are being unreasonable wanting that car you ordered.

(I know many do it, But Mini & Audi were the 2 that i charged Interest on when getting my deposit back)

george