yay finally got a build week week 4 next year

malcster

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered my Original Citigo in July aswell. At first I informed it would be October, and only in the last few days advised its likely to be December of January. I ordered an elegance in white, with sunset glass and entertainment pack. I was told at my dealership that because I ordered extras, the car would take longer. I was also advised that the citigo has taken over the up! Production which has had to slow down due to popularity of the citigo.

However, I really needed my new car sooner than this, as have a friend buying my current car. My dealership then checked the current stock of available cars already made. I selected a black elegance with the same extras, but with citysafe aswell. I've been told it will be 2 - 3 weeks for the delivery.

I know I selected a car in stock, but it will be worth the wait malcster, and I hope you enjoy your new car.

W/c 15 October is when they said they should be able to sort a loan car out as the initial 12 weeks quoted has expired

Not sure if Skoda or the dealer foots the bill

Just reading this in dismay. My mam ordered a citigo Elegance to replace her 2008 VW fox on 7th July with an original 12 week delivery quoted ie. by 29th September. I rang the dealer on her behalf after hearing nothing in the weeks leading up to the end of September only to be told that at worst case be with us by end of Oct, which by what others are quoting now looks impossible. Reading the comments above I think I best call into the dealer tommorow a kick some backsides as they appear to be not keeping us informed. Shame because we went specifically to this dealer due to a recommendation from a friend who had bought a fabia VRS then an Octy VRS from them without problems.

I had the same problem ordered in June told Sept/Oct. Then three weeks ago phoned and was told Jan/Feb 2013. Now have ordered a green with black interior should be getting it on Wednesday 17/10/12. I will let you know if it arrives. :think:

Got a call from the dealer today, unsolicited I may add.

Apparently my car has been built and is at the factory.

Should be with me in 3 weeks time.

Sounds about right, ours was built Wk38 and delivered Wk42

It's been a long wait, but finally picked mine up today from the dealers. I was worried it might be sat waiting for a long time at emden docks, but was delivered to the dealer in under 2 weeks. So far, it's bloody brilliant! Well worth the wait.

Bit of an update

Rang dealer today to add spare wheel to my order hence its not been built thought I might add it

Turns out I can have a loan car from next week for free

Now they can take as long as they need may as well get the hire car stone chipped from the winter gritters plus I can cancel my insurance

• Like 1

Bit of an update

Rang dealer today to add spare wheel to my order hence its not been built thought I might add it

Turns out I can have a loan car from next week for free

Now they can take as long as they need may as well get the hire car stone chipped from the winter gritters plus I can cancel my insurance

Our dealer was very good too. When our tax was up he took the car in and gave us the only demonstrator free.