Pick one....  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Pick one....

• Maximise K03s (240)
    • Bolt on E05 (280)
    • Bolt on AM04 (2?0)
    • Invest in GT28rs.45 (300+)
    • Swap to a Leon Cupra (290)
    • Go skiing in New Zealand for 5 days, break an ankle and never drive again.

• Administrators

Reckon I'll be keeping the Octy, going to NZ for 3 weeks then...

Thanks to all those who voted for the LCR :D It was my red herring to re enforce the Octys meaning to me :D I'll add them to the gt28 in my mind :D No honestly it was / is a consideration but not if I go skiing :)

So...onto the next unresolvable problem in my head, what to have for lunch, arh the world seems so much lighter now :D

I'm at Brunters - how about you :D

Do remember to make sure your tyres are correctly inflated won't you (remembering a video of you from Q's car of Silverstone last year..... :rolleyes: )

Maximise the KO3 is plenty fast enough & incredibly useable, If youre down souff again youre welcome to try mine, its somewhat quicker than last time you drove it !!

IHI IMO is a great conversion, driven one a couple of times & its oh so progresive & lag free !!

New Zealand, Having had your thoughts on life etc a couple of times I somehow think you will come back but only long enough to sell up & go back !!!

Good Luck !!

Stuart

• 5 months later...

Where did you guys get details that the E05 will produce 270-280bhp???

They were run on 3 ibiza's well over a year and a half ago, 2 only made 235bhp and the other 250bhp, 2 blown up and if you read vwvortex u will find the same

Dont want you guys going through the same thing the ibiza guys went through a year back

read the threads on scn

I had the fortune of having both the blown E05 units and stripped them down to check casting numbers and faults. Pretty much all the turbo has the same casting numbers as a K03s, the only difference was the exhaust impellor was larger, and on both turbos it was this that failed!

Dont make the same mistake guys, the Ibiza boys were really dissapointed! Both of them which blew the E05 bought K03s turbos off us and ran the same map they had with the E05 and their comments were "There is no difference in performance"

I ask that you read these threads for yourself on SCN and speak to these guys (Jools & Madmile)

• 2 weeks later...