How long before the brochure?

• 4 weeks later...

a sales chap said he is going to test drive the rapid on the 5 nov hes sending me sum brohures mite go and have a look mite have the black on

with the 1.2 tsi good engine and 17s five spoke alloys shall see wot the prices are looks nice car

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

Looking forward to seeing it in a couple of weeks time. It's been on sale in the Czech Republic for a couple of weeks and people's opinions there seem to be fairly positive, despite similar whinging to on here before the launch.

Proves what I've thought and that it's bland & the specifications are all wrong. NO SALE.

Thought it was a pretty good spec for the SE, not everything is going to suit everyone. We don't really care if your going to buy one or not tbh! :)

Actually... the Rallye Green with the black alloy option, sport seats, & suspension and the 1.4tsi dsg would be a good deal!

0-60 in 9.5 - top speed of 129! not that you'd go that fast here hehe :p

Just reading the S spec and to be fair, for a family that wants a car under £13-14k the safety features should help it sell well own there own - Driver/Passenger Front and Side Airbags, Curtain Airbags and ESP <--- that alone could be worth its weight in gold.

Just reading the S spec and to be fair, for a family that wants a car under £13-14k the safety features should help it sell well own there own - Driver/Passenger Front and Side Airbags, Curtain Airbags and ESP <--- that alone could be worth its weight in gold.

I think the spec is OK, particularly given the standard spec at base 'S' level. The problem is the lack of differentiation as you go up the spec levels. Too much looks to have been put into the 'Pack' options, and much less between 'S'/'SE'/'Elegance' levels. I looked to match up items from my Fabia Elegance (standard items) and its a struggle - heated seats are extra on all specs, for instance. I reckon you'd need to be venturing towards £20k on an Elegance model to get most of the useful 'Packs' and Metallic paint (before haggling).

Also climate control being extra (and in a Pack) on all levels is a bugger - I'm surprised it is not standard at Elegance level - its should be, given you are expected to pay around £17k, irrespective of engine, and you only get manual air-con.

At base level its fine, but beyond 'S' spec it is far too sparse for the money. Elegance should have most of these options. Wait for the mid-life facelift, when the specs get upgraded anyway. I predict severe discounting at the higher end. Also, I'm thinking the coming Octavia will be quite a shock price-wise. It'll be nearer the Golf than the current model - it has to be otherwise it'll be treading on the Rapid's toes!

The Elegance is a bit lacking for a top of the range model. I'd expect climate,parking sensors and a higher spec sound system. I think all Rapids have the same basic system "Swing" - why no Bolero???

Just for a laugh I specced up a 1,4 122bhp DSG, to what I would want.

It would cost £21k & still not have loads of stuff missing from it, it seems to be an exceptionally odd pricing/specification strategy on behalf of SUK, when you consider that I paid £21k for a fully specced up Elegance 3 years ago!

If you spec up a new Seat Toledo SE, you will get far more for the same price, you will get a even better specced DCT Kia Ceed with Bluetooth, Xenons, full dual zone climate control for £2k more & you get the amazing 7 year warranty!

The more searching I'm doing,the more it makes the Rapid seem pretty poor VFM.

Strange you can't have dsg and elegance spec.

I think it's even stranger you cannot get 1.4 manual with any of them, I would have considered the S spec, remote locking and electric front windows are my only must have's, (hence the SE octavia) I appreciate all the extra bits that the SE brought but could quite easly live without 6 cd head unit and alloys etc.

I will be waiting for the Estate to come out before I decide, only hope they have a 1.4 manual in that, I have no desire to have DSG but still like to have the extra piff the 1.4 brings

Edited by John T