Leaving O2 to join T-Mobile

Macdemon

As the title says, I'm leaving O2 to join T-Mobile, as they have a better data element of their tariff than O2 do.

Have been trying for HOURS to contact O2 Retentions, but I'm stuck in a HUGE queue and THATS if I actually manage to get through. :wall:

All I'm after is a PAC code so I can carry on using my current mobile number on T-Mobile as I've had it for 10 years or so.

Anyone else changed networks recently and kept their existing number??

I left O2 for T-Mobile a few months ago... The only reason I left, unlimited data :)

Ya....................and don't forget access to BT Openzone hotspots :D

I sent an e mail asking for PAC as I went from O2 to giff-gaff ( which piggy backs O2), no problems getting PAC, from them, but had 3 phone calls trying to get me to stay as I had been with them for 12 years,

The only reason I left was that I wanted to retain the "unlimited data", but reduce the calls & texts., & reduce my monthly cost.

Best they could do was reduce calls & texts, & reduce data to below what my average per month was for £5 less, But in order to cover my data, it would have cost the same as I had currently paying. I was on an old simplicity tarriff, & was getting fed up with e mail saying i could upgrade - but no one could tell me what i could upgrade to.

I still get the same great reception, paying half as much for what I actually wanted & this is not tied to an 18 / 24 month contract, ( OK i have to buy my own phone but in real cost for me it works out cheaper as i dont want the very latest £500 smartphone - now )

I'm looking at leaving tmobile as data signal has become appalling.

When it works its fast. But roam onto orange and it's slow as hell.

What is O2 data speed like, as considering Tesco who use their network, but don't want to end up worse off.

you sure your phone has had the correct settings bought down by t mobile? My data is leagues ahead of my mate on o2 with the same phone. It is also the same on either network and speed tests are often overs 3mb.

Don't forget ee are launching 4g over the next few months so may be worth holding out on a phone for one with lte.

4G sounds interesting, but I am already with t-mobile (EE) and find 3G coverage pretty crap to be honest. I very rarely get a good 3G data connection, and when I get one that works its usually around 1meg at most. On the other hand I have a Three Mifi, and when the phone is struggling, I get 4meg regularly through this.

On the current T-mobile tariffs, unlimited is not unlimited. There a fair use policy of around 500meg a month, even on the unlimited tariff. I am on a very old tariff which does have true unlimited data which is why I am reluctant to change / upgrade my phone.

you sure your phone has had the correct settings bought down by t mobile? My data is leagues ahead of my mate on o2 with the same phone. It is also the same on either network and speed tests are often overs 3mb.

Don't forget ee are launching 4g over the next few months so may be worth holding out on a phone for one with lte.

Currently sim free, and tbh as lte will only be on contracts, and £40+ not interested.

I'd rather have 3g/hsdpa working properly.

And yes, settings are correct and its the same wherever I am in the UK.

Currently sim free, and tbh as lte will only be on contracts, and £40+ not interested.

I'd rather have 3g/hsdpa working properly.

And yes, settings are correct and its the same wherever I am in the UK.

have you asked t to re send the settings down to the phone? As I say I get h on orange with no issues.

Manually reset them from tmobile pages.

Remember roaming between the networks you won't get H on the other network. But oranges 3G simply stalls.

this is my point, they've fully integrated the orange network now so you get h on orange. I notice no difference whatever network I'm on. T mobile is my main carrier.

I have been with Orange since 1993 and never had a problem with them and since they merged with T-mobile the reception on my phone and others has got worse and now looking for another provider.

The same here, left Orange after almost 17 years with them and moved 2 years ago to SIM only with Tesco (O2). Much better than Orange, for me anyway. As they say: "Horses for courses", for me is better, someone else will say opposite. The bottom line is whatever work best for you.

I've been with O2 for a few years now. Generally not too impressed with their data service so moving back to Orange.

I had no problem getting my PAC code from O2, but I was/still am a business customer and use a different number I believe.

The business deals on orange are not as good as the personal ones, so I'm having a personal one with orange.

Will probably move over to EE when they are up and running, as that will be an option when I'm on orange.

Just waiting for my "shiny new phone" !to arrive to quote Orange's recent text to me :lol:

Edited by rockhopper