New contract time.. SG3? One X? Wait for Note II? Or..?

JLneonhug

I use 4G in the US all of the time, and it makes a real difference to app usage/browsing etc, so I would advise waiting a month until 4g handsets are available on EE.

Cheers

Steve

Only worth it if you live in the areas that the 4g covers, like other things it may be years till its all covered. That and the price of 4g contracts will be expensive for a couple of years

Sent from my Galaxy S2 not a Crapple!

I don't see too much point in 4G. I can get 3.5-4mb at home on 3G and can get about 8mb in the centre of York. How much speed do you need? lol

Agreed on the One X. It's a lovely phone but the fixed battery and no memory card really lost them a lot of sales.

Shame the S3 has Touchwizz and feels pretty cheap.

Phil

• Administrators

Same boat, although I've been out of contract for a long time. I dropped my Samsung S1 i9000 almost this day 12 months ago, smashed the screen up.

I've fallen in to the great IT trap of waiting till next month. Only today I realised I'm bing an idiot as I'm paying and suffering... so it's new phone /contract time.

Although as the phone does what I want, I might just get a slightly tougher one, I really don't care, so long as I can tether it for the pad/laptop. Otherwise it's just a emergency mailer and oh yeah to make phone calls on :) So it's a toss up between these:

1. £70 - http://www.samsung.c.../GT-C3350AAAXEU

2. £180 - http://www.samsung.c.../GT-S5690KOAXEU

3. £480 - http://www.samsung.c.../GT-I9300MBDBTU

I'd quite like to go away for a few days walking and not have to charge the bleeding thing... I want no2 in no1 form :) But then I'm also supposed to be getting into mobile app development...

Agree with comments about the htc, none of them felt right, I like the pop out battery as I could if push came to shove obtain a spare battery.

4G will be expensive and not offer much to anyone outside the core coverage, but it will be great!

I use 4G in the US all of the time, and it makes a real difference to app usage/browsing etc, so I would advise waiting a month until 4g handsets are available on EE.

Cheers

Steve

The US call 3G+ "4G" and display it as such.

I didn't think they had LTE yet.

I upgraded from a Desire HD to a One X a couple of months ago and I am very happy with the phone. The camera is fantastic and the screen is crystal clear. The Sat Nav connects instantly to GPS whereas it could take a minute or so on my DHD. Battery life similar or maybe a little worse than the DHD but not a problem. Jelly Bean due this month on HTC.

The S3 is slightly quicker on paper but I think the differences are fractions of a second. In my opinion the One X feels sturdier and looks better than the S3 (others will disagree).

Maybe try to get a One X+ as they are 4g (I think). Not sure what deals you would get.

FYI I traded in my DHD 8 months early, and got a free One X on the same contract as before (£20 per month with Orange). This was in store at Phones 4 U.

I am sure you would be more than happy with either the S3 or One X.

Note 2 I can get £18pm - 24month contract plus £120 towards phone = £556. (600mins, lots of text and 1.5gbs plus O2 open wifis)

Or basically £23.1 pm for 24month with free phone.

Seems like alot of money for the phone :(

Edit: Or £80 less for an S3. Thinking the Note 2 is worth more than that difference

Same dilemma for me - thinking SIII, not a huge fan of HTC anymore, esp with the battery and memory thing. Won't go back to Vodafone as no coverage where my parents are. Need plenty of texts, at least 600 mins and 500mb data, anyone spotted any good deals? If poss 18 month contract (wishful thinking I know!), but hey one can hope!

Is 3 network anygood?

Cant find anything significantly cheaper for the S3, only about £80 as said compared to Note 2 so maybe worthwhile getting that instead as i think it will hold its value alot better (and feels more robust).

Edit: Just going onto website to find a cheaper alternative.. and.. I cant.. Note 1 costs about £430, S2 contract costs about £450, S3 costs about £470, Note 2 costs £550.

Tempted to just get an iphone 5, recoup money back and wait for a better deal.