Amundsen sat nav retro fit?

Dave_OA

I got a columbus and bluetooth module, just haven't fitted them yet. The Columbus is the same as the RNS 510 isn't it ? Just the columbus branded version has green backlit buttons to fit in with the skoda, whereas the RNS unit is blue to fit in with VW

Once i've fitted mine i'll let you know.

Consisted of the unit itself, a GPS antenna

I also bought the factory fit bluetooth module that needs installing

With a bit of luck the parking sensors will appear on the screen

FYI i fitted my Columbus unit to my Fabia last night. Was literally plug and play. I routed the gps receiver through the back of the stereo, past the back of the upper 2nd glovebox and as the receiver was magnetised, i placed it behind the glovebox out of site and it stuck there. Tested it and was receiving over 75% of available satellites and it works perfectly.

Replaced 2nd glovebox and job done

Had read a few times that the signal for the GPS won't penetrate the material of the glovebox/behind glovebox so you have to situate it ontop of the dash some how, was not the case for me. Perhaps i got a decent GPS receiver?? (only paid about £9 for it of eBay)

:)

• Like 1