What have you discovered?

MickA

Because the parcel shelf is not attached to the tailgate with cords you have to lift it manually and it stays up for access to the boot. BUT for about a month I continuously forgot to lower it, got back in the car, looked in the interior mirror only to see the parcel shelf obscuring most of the view!! Sometimes I had driven a short distance before realising it was still up!

I hope I am not the only dumbo! I do remember now though - its a learning thing! :-(

• Like 2

Because the parcel shelf is not attached to the tailgate with cords you have to lift it manually and it stays up for access to the boot. BUT for about a month I continuously forgot to lower it, got back in the car, looked in the interior mirror only to see the parcel shelf obscuring most of the view!! Sometimes I had driven a short distance before realising it was still up!

I hope I am not the only dumbo! I do remember now though - its a learning thing! :-(

I've done it as well, it's annoying if anything else.

• Like 1

Is the speed dependent radio volume automatic or do you have to do something to set it up ? I've done well over a thousand miles now at all sorts of speeds and can't say I've noticed it.

Press the menu button on the radio then select the button under Set on the righthand side, then select the button under Gala, this then allows you to adjust the volume up or down. I had to turn mine up, use the volume control knob

Mick

Edited by MickA
  • Like 1

My Citigo model year 2013 Tour 5d discoveries:

No adjustable height safety belts (this was mentioned in the included option list though) - is this present in 5d Elegance?

Plastic clip front window, not on dash (won't miss it)

No bag clip as far as I can see.

2013 type dash clocks (bit more modern looking).

New logo and green go in Citigo.

Dealer fitted double boot floor is nice, since you can lower it too if needed,

No adjustable height safety belts (this was mentioned in the included option list though) - is this present in 5d Elegance?

Did you ask your dealer to fit the boot?

I bought the parts from vw and fitted it myself

Did you ask your dealer to fit the boot?

I bought the parts from vw and fitted it myself

It was advertised in the showroom as retrofit, for 150euro (Netherlands) but we got it as a free extra.

They also do armrests (I think for 200) but I did not like them.

^ that is what i do not understand, how come on the continent they offer these extras, but in the UK they do not?

Skoda UK chooses what options available from the factory it will allow or won't.

They make the choice as sole importer to the UK and print the brochures for the UK accordingly.

With retrofitting it is up to the dealer. It happens that in our case the VW, Seat and Skoda dealers are located right next to each other - and owned by the same holding. Smart sales managers are keen to steal some trade from the neighbours by offering something extra. And they charge parts + one hour labour or so,

when the wipers are on constant and you stop at the lights for example they go on to intermittent, also if you leave the interior light on without the key in the ignition the light turns off after a couple of minutes

when the wipers are on constant and you stop at the lights for example they go on to intermittent, also if you leave the interior light on without the key in the ignition the light turns off after a couple of minutes

And your post has prompted me to try.....

If you unlock the car then don't actually open a door it self locks itself after around 20 secs approx, well just after the interior light goes out.

Mick

And your post has prompted me to try.....

If you unlock the car then don't actually open a door it self locks itself after around 20 secs approx, well just after the interior light goes out.

Mick

I found that one out today Mick. Thought it was old age first, till it happened for a second time later in a supermarket car park, when in sight of the car from a distance I checked to see how far away the key might work. I saw the indicators flash, but when I got back to the car it was locked again.

I've just looked at my sons 5 door elegance and it doesn't have adjustable height seatbelts.

(He's also left his rear parcel shelf in the up position.) :giggle:

No it's not the ticket holder, which is all present and correct. It's a a bizarre photo clip on the dashboard - I'm very glad we don't get it!

The ticket holder is on the screen of the demonstrator I am driving at present, but is on the wrong side in my view, ie on the drivers side. This means the ticket would be on the side away from a traffic warden when parked on the left on the street. Can it be moved to the other side?

It does lock but won't arm the alarm.

I have checked this and the immobiliser light begins flashing again in the demonstrator I am driving as soon as the doors re lock.