What have you discovered?

MickA

I have just come for Sherlodge Garage after asking them about the possibility of the elecy windows being programmed to work off the key (e.g. hold the unlock to open the windows) and to ahve the one touch function.

They say it is not possible as it lacks the hardware to do so?

Yes surely it can be!!

You have an Elegance as do I -mine was reprogrammed earlier this week to do both lock and unlock.

Have a look at the topic on the subject in this forum and show them that!

by Lock/Unlock i mean, by holding the Unlock button on the key, it automatically opens the eleccy windows, and vise versa for the Lock function. I know it could be done on the old fabia's but from what they are telling me you cant

I know the member wasn't actually referring to this, but to correct the post above....auto door lock and unlock is NOT available on every Citigo.

It all depends on when the car was built....and if you have the information in your handbook as the handbooks differ slightly!

Sorry Taylor - I did not read your post properly! :-(

Anyway, I was under the impression that all remote controlled locking (not key op central locking) Citigo's can have the auto-lock feature enabled, but the normal VW group auto window feature does not apply on any model.

Edited by CortinaGT

I like the way the internal dash side air vents appear to have 360 rotation without stopping, but if you turn slowly you will find you hit 2 grooves that stops the vent in the best window clearing position and passenger ventilation position! Easily missed if you spin them fast!

No biggie, but for me a benefit as against my Nissan Tiida 1.6 petrol, which is going, and that is when the fuel gauge hits red in the Citigo there is an audible ding sound as well as the warning light, and on switching on the engine later there is a reminder ding. Except for the warning light the Nissan was silent.

• 4 weeks later...

No biggie, but for me a benefit as against my Nissan Tiida 1.6 petrol, which is going, and that is when the fuel gauge hits red in the Citigo there is an audible ding sound as well as the warning light, and on switching on the engine later there is a reminder ding. Except for the warning light the Nissan was silent.

Also when the warning goes off, the PID will ask you if you want directing to the nearest petrol station which is kind of cool!

Manual says that if you emergency brake to a stop the hazard lights come on automatically, until you move off again. Can't recall exact wording. Check it out.

too all you citigo owners do you get wet from water off the roof when you open the doors?????

bill

And in the style of that annoying insurance ad, the dog one "Oh Yes"

It's caught me out a few times and made worse as I had the Autoglym treatment, so the water beads off really well. Wet arm, leg and recently my head. Serves me right for poking it out the window when reversing.

I'm contemplating getting one of these.

51s5qF5ANOL.jpg

• Like 2

That's funny MickA lol. Strange, it's not happened to me yet. I do look out for it having read the early posts about it. There is a slight rearward slope on our drive. Maybe that makes a difference. I haven't treated the body with any repellant, though water does bead on it..no large pools though.

This problem with getting wet when you open the car door exists with all cars that have a sloping sides (not vertical like the old cars) and a roof without rain gutter. It is worse in countries where you have snow. When you open the door in winter the snow (or rain) slides nicely down on to your drivers or passenger seat. How do I know that? Our Aygo does exactly the same thing.My wife's Aygo has a permanent water mark/patch on the drivers seat! This is one of the Aygo bugs that is carried over to your cars.

Edited by raj55

I don't get wet despite despite several instances of heavy rain and slush, but I do notice water running down the rear window and the windshield (when breaking) in the morning.

There is a small lip/edge/ledge (what's the right term?) on the roof as illustrated by this picture. Is that not what one would call rain gutters?

imag0454copy.jpg

Edited by Rothbard

I don't get wet despite despite several instances of heavy rain and slush, but I do notice water running down the rear window and the windshield (when breaking) in the morning.

There is a small lip/edge/ledge (what's the right term?) on the roof as illustrated by this picture. Is that not what one would call rain gutters?

imag0454copy.jpg

I stand corrected, you do have rain gutter like valley and ridge. But the sides are sloping as seen on your picture which means some drops of water on the edge are going to drop inside the car.

My Citigo is the nearest thing to a motorised shopping trolley! Unlike previous vehicles with vast load spaces - XTrail, Octavia L&K Estate, Octavia Elegance, where you had to slide the bags forward and prop them to stop them falling over, with the Citigo you simply keep lowering them into the space and when the lower level is full, build up another row on top! Absolutely brilliant and much quicker - you don't get so wet in the rain! :rain::rofl:

• Like 1

I have a sloping drive but haven't noticed anymore dripping water entering the car than any other that I have had. I should imagine it makes a difference how "heavily" you get in the car - I am quite light footed and there is a moulding along the roof to minimise water entry.