160 Air Intake Recommended!!!!!

Just fitted a Cupra 160 Air Intake. Been for a test drive on country roads and a quick blast up the A1 and YES :thumbup: it does make a BIG differance to the car. Accelaration is a lot smoother and there is more trottle responce,less smoke from the rear I also think MPH has gone up :) Big thanks to Chavyboy, fitting instructions were spot on :clapclap: Excellent service from seat dealer in Poppleton near York Ordered Friday 11am picked up today (Monday) 11am. I somtimes think that "little" mods don't work all that well, You think they do because everyone else fits them so they must work...Belive Me THIS ONE DOES :) For less than

I couldnt agree more. A lot of people seem to say its not worth having without remap.....rubbish!

3rd Gear is ace' date=' using all the revs so much more than i used to. It even sounds nice :)[/quote']

Mines been superchiped so you can imagin.......................................... ;)

Just fitted a Cupra 160 Air Intake. Been for a test drive on country roads and a quick blast up the A1 and YES :thumbup: it does make a BIG differance to the car. Accelaration is a lot smoother and there is more trottle responce,less smoke from the rear I also think MPH has gone up :) Big thanks to Chavyboy, fitting instructions were spot on :clapclap: Excellent service from seat dealer in Poppleton near York Ordered Friday 11am picked up today (Monday) 11am. I somtimes think that "little" mods don't work all that well, You think they do because everyone else fits them so they must work...Belive Me THIS ONE DOES :) For less than

How have i not seen you around yet matey!!!!!!!!

Drive through knaresborough twice a week and round york all weekend!

Wills & Ellis are very good, some decent secondhand turbo's out there too

How have i not seen you around yet matey!!!!!!!!

Drive through knaresborough twice a week and round york all weekend!

Wills & Ellis are very good' date=' some decent secondhand turbo's out there too[/quote']

May be your not looking :) Not see you either....there's a silver Furbie vRS in k/boro with a Briskoda sticker in rear window, seen regular, female driver,any Idea's......Andy

I've not been "tweaked" since getting the cupra intake fitted, but it drives very well - The thing is I was remapped before on the standard intake, so cannot tell any discernable gains from just fitting the cupra one alone. However, come my next "tweek", it should help a lot.

What are the insurance implications? Anyone had a quote with it on (without remap)? Also, is it classed as a performance modification on the insurance?

Jonny5ive, let us know what the score is with it on - timed runs would be great (to eliminate the placebo effect these things have) but not essential :)

I have the intake and filter, otherwise completely standard.

Did two timed runs, first one way and then back again.

first run 7.8 seconds (very slightly down hill)

second run 8.1 seconds (opposite)

Car has done 16k so its nicely run in.

I have sent an email to my broker regarding this, explaining the non-performance enhancing aspects of it (ie no power increase).

Annoyingly things like the strut brace may end up being classified as a suspension change which would slam it straight into bigger premium hike categories.

I will try to post back as soon as I have results regarding my insurance.

Better grip tends to be less durable and vv - that's a neverending one ;)

I'm kinda hoping I will get a response back from my insurance broker regarding the Cupra intake, as well as the strut brace.

Somehow I have a feeling Zurich isn't particularly mod-friendly, in which case it will be interesting to see how I can get it done. Hoping to play the 'fitted by Skoda dealer' approach out a little, usually that helps things a lot. I know it will cost me a bomb in labour but at least I am allowed it without having to switch insurers mid-policy which would cost me a fortune.