Big dilemma please help!

Hi guys I have been offered a full hybrid kit for my Octavia vrs mk1 rather cheap. My only worry is that's my car has done 157k. What will happen if I take it to 300 bhp 300 ft torque?? :-/

what hybrid kit is it. A K03s Hybrid or a K04 Hybrid

A K03s hybrid will do you great and give you approx 270 bhp and therefore keep your engine reliable.

A K04 hybrid could take you up to and potentially past 300 bhp and would risk your engine reliablity. Unless you can map it down to under 300bhp which may not support the best tune for that turbo

Wont last long.....

Dont go over 280 if you want it to stay reliable.

The internals are not strong enough.

+1

It's not bhp that kills most engines, it's the tourque and driving style

Very true, but the fact he would have high torque from that conversion at his disposal it would only be a matter of time before something goe's.

You could just buy my 75k vrs and drop it on that! Could even part ex your old one!!!

Why, as same issue applies regardless of Miles on the engine. A better looked after high milage could last longer than a not well maintained lower mileage car.

The main point is that Turbo spec is potentially too high for std engine regardless of miles.

Yes could risk it if not driving to limit but what do we do when we get more power, we typically use it. :rofl:

To the OP have you mapped your VRS if not that would give you good start anyway.

also buy a K03s Hybrid for few hundred more and won't need to replace much to get higher BHP. Ok you will need to map it again but you would do with the K04 Hybrid anyway

• Like 1

I know all about milage etc and to be honest with mean it means nothing however some people find piece in the fact that because the car has low milage they expect it to be more reliable! My boss being the prime example of now changing his 3 year old merc for the exact same brand new one because he doesn't like the fact that things could go wrong now it's hit 60k!!

Very true, but the fact he would have high torque from that conversion at his disposal it would only be a matter of time before something goe's.

Why, as same issue applies regardless of Miles on the engine. A better looked after high milage could last longer than a not well maintained lower mileage car.

The main point is that Turbo spec is potentially too high for std engine regardless of miles.

Yes could risk it if not driving to limit but what do we do when we get more power, we typically use it. :rofl:

To the OP have you mapped your VRS if not that would give you good start anyway.

also buy a K03s Hybrid for few hundred more and won't need to replace much to get higher BHP. Ok you will need to map it again but you would do with the K04 Hybrid anyway

No it's not mapped mate. It's a very sound car and I love it! Just thought it wud be a cheap way to get more power. Don't wanna damage my car though.

I know all about milage etc and to be honest with mean it means nothing however some people find piece in the fact that because the car has low milage they expect it to be more reliable! My boss being the prime example of now changing his 3 year old merc for the exact same brand new one because he doesn't like the fact that things could go wrong now it's hit 60k!!

You are slightly missing the point buddy it is not about mileage as such in this case, it is about the std VRS engine won't take that kind of power that the std spec of the VRS is not designed for either 10 miles or 200,000 inevitably the result will be the same. Ok perhaps not as quick but will happen. Normal wear and tear fair enough but bolting on something to potentailly accelerate the conditions is not a good idea.