Monroe Reflex shocks E4858 and E1212 Help Needed Please

Following on from my previous post can anyone actually confirm or give advice on the above fitting the vRS model? Monroe`s advice is this will fit the vRS however on calling them for a second time they then suggested E4947 however this seems to be for the 1.8 T 4x4 which I am pretty sure wont work.

I have already ordered the parts numbered E4858 and E1212 on their previous advice but am now confused.

Also If I went with Genuine Skoda parts, correct me if I am wrong the cars are now 11-12 years old at their eldest Skoda won`t have changed the design from the original part so am I not buying something that is in theory 13 year old technology?????? Where the Monroe reflex are more advanced!

Has anyone fitted these or had any experience before?

Thanks

The 4x4 rides higher than the RS for sure, and I think higher than any 2wd model, so the design free length of dampers for the 4x4 should be different, and I suspect you might run out of bump travel in the dampers before reaching the bump stops if I'm right about the free length. This is bad news, particularly in cornering, because your wheel rate goes infinite, and that almost certainly will cause a moment.

Ride height on the 4x4 is because of the springs. The front dampers are the same but the rears are different due to the 4x4. Are you looking for standard dampers or slightly uprated? If you want slightly uprated then the bilstein B6 range are an upside down monotube that fit with standard springs. Best place to buy is 123spareparts.co.uk but you need to go on the bilstein.de site and load up the catalogue to check the part numbers you need. Quality is miles better than the oem ones.

This was the rears on my 4x4

post-35840-1349205596388_thumb.jpg

Completely shot as it wouldn't even rebound

Ride height on the 4x4 is because of the springs. The front dampers are the same but the rears are different due to the 4x4.

So I'm clear; you're saying that the 4x4 front springs have the same poundage as the normal 1.8T150, but a longer free length, and the same damper lengths and rates? If so, doesn't this mean you have more roll and hence an increased risk of running out of rebound travel?

Sorry for the new post but I cannot edit the previous post to show pics. Can anyone look at the pics and see if these look right for the vRS and have the correct positioning point for the drop links? Thanks Dave

Nope. No drop link mounts that I can see on there. Standard octavia style.

There would be a big loop mounted vertically at the rear approx halfway between the two thin brackets that are on there for the brake lines etc.

It really is a bitch getting the right shocks for vRS's.

Thanks guys, lucky I got the guy in Ireland to take the pics for me before posting them over. You are right getting shocks is a complete shock I am going to play it safe and stay standard just with some H&R springs. I don't really want to go down the coil over route, or should I say I do but my glass back is telling me otherwise. I think the guy from Skoda is doing me a pretty good price £220.00 for the front and rear shocks, seems good for main dealer. Thanks again.

If you look at the bilstein catalogue they show the same shock for the front of the vrs,4x4, s3, a3 Quattro etc. I spoke to someone at bilstein uk? As I was a bit confused too. But they make shocks to cover a range of fits.

http://web1.carparts-cat.com/default.aspx38?=68403663&36=854&10=CB38C0A381EBC073E040A8C01E3E1DA4018004&14=4&12=102&52=1&30=106&31=1904

Thanks guys, lucky I got the guy in Ireland to take the pics for me before posting them over. You are right getting shocks is a complete shock I am going to play it safe and stay standard just with some H&R springs. I don't really want to go down the coil over route, or should I say I do but my glass back is telling me otherwise. I think the guy from Skoda is doing me a pretty good price £220.00 for the front and rear shocks, seems good for main dealer. Thanks again.

That's pretty good. My front shox were just short of £70 each from TPS, but with VAT to add on top of that, so you did very well.

I did look at the B6 and yes they read very good, however my debit card also saw the advert and legged it. wow they are some expensive bits, the thing is I now struggle to spend megga money on performance parts due to the actual value of the car. Even though I will be keeping her, I know on a good day its worth around 2k so find it hard to get my head around some parts costing half that amount. I really think the retailers should have noticed by now that these cars have reduced on price so their prices should reflect this. But thats not me having a go at you in any way I appreciate your help and advice.